Anyone have a good villager breeder that works on EMC?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kryarias, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Anyone have a good villager breeder that works on EMC?
    UltiPig and TECtock like this.
  2. I have tons of villagers for sale if thats something you are interested in, its on smp5. I think you just gotta do /v plantomic on smp5, if your not looking to buy then uhhh yeah sorry I don't know of any.
  3. Kry, I can't remember if I showed you my 'breeder pit' style build, but it is one of the designs to produce high numbers of villagers quickly.

Pro:
    It has something like 60 villagers in the 'breed pit', and the classic dbl-trapdoor based approach to get babies to jump into a water stream below. they get collected in a central area. So if you afk (it is very lag friendly), you'll want to check every 30min or so and egg them as you'll otherwise hit res entc max and obv not produce more.
    I'm forgetting the exact specs but I think it produces something like 1-2stacks/hr, maybe more.

Con:
    Its a big con. Since it is a 'community breeding' approach, there is a ring of beds around the whole structure to maximize the duration before the 'bed bug' takes effect. (Where even tho the babies may not sleep in the bed ever, MC will still allocate the bed as if its unavail, even after villager has been egg'd). So you have to go ever 2-4hrs and break all the beds and replace them (I think there is about 120 beds or so). I could redstone the breaking, but placing is manual.

Still I've tinkered with several other approaches and as one of the guys with bigger #s of villager halls, I'll say it is probably the best I've seen on EMC.
    Kryarias likes this.