Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 607, Nov 4, 2017.

?

Have you played Animal Crossing before? (this game doesn't count)

No, never. 1 vote(s) 20.0%
Yes, I've played it, but haven't owned any of the games. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Yes, I've got (or used to have) an Animal Crossing game myself. 4 vote(s) 80.0%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

Nintendo has developed a new video game in the Animal Crossing franchise, for smart devices! It has been released in Australia already, it will be released later this month world-wide.
    And I'm excited! :D I have liked the idea and feel of Animal Crossing ever since I was first introduced to it, but I haven't ever played any of the games. I could buy the Gamecube version, but I feel like the concept of the game would work much better on a handheld, for me, and I prefer handhelds over home consoles anyway. I would like to get the DS version, but I haven't got a Nintendo DS (yet).
    But I have got an iPad (I was required to get one!), so I will be able to play this! :D
    It is going to be a free to play game, with microtransactions.
    I like that. :) It being free means much more people will play it, and knowing Nintendo, the microtransactions won't be required to have fun. In fact, even in the Direct it became very clear that Nintendo doesn't want to force in-app purchases on their players.
    Speaking of the direct: here it is! I'm embedding the Nintendo UK video, as the American version has got comments disabled. ;)

So I'll be looking forward to the release later this month, and I'm hoping to get to play it! :)
    I hope you will be as well, so we can become friends and such, and perhaps exchange materials and check out each other's campsites, or whatever! ^.^
  2. It's incompatible with iPad 4's. :(
  3. I love it soon much! I played the game as a small child (the Wii version) and, funnily enough, it taught me to read! And it works in the states!