And so it begins....

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by g0hl, May 12, 2012.

1. Yeah, I'm definitely going to be getting it for the nostalgia factor. I might just spring for it on Tuesday, but I am playing through Torchlight ATM. It's pretty fun.
    Monster_ likes this.
  2. even than i think they added a bunch of cool things with crafting. we'll have to see though :p
  3. Yeah, I honeslty got into Beta like RIGHT when it launched, I got an in through a friend of a friend type thing who works for Blizzard in Paris. and I played through all the classes twice and called it good. So I have no idea what kind of changes they have made since then. You couldn't do anything but just quest back then either I don't think. So it's going to be an awesome experience.
    Monster_ likes this.
  4. Mother of god you have brought back my childhood nerd...
    Monster_ likes this.
  5. If the control scheme was similar to that of Bastion and not click to move, I could see myself at least trying it.
  6. I have to take back what I said previously/above.

I never really got into the dungeon crawler genre. I had played the demo of Diablo II but the gameplay was a bit confusing at the time, so the appeal was lost on me. I hadn't since played a similar game.

However, with all the ridiculous hype about Diablo III, I couldn't help but watch the Yogscast's playthrough, which led me to their Torchlight videos. With both of these combined I quickly grew eager to play either of them, but the decision to get Torchlight II at $20 over Diablo III at $80 was easy.

With Steam's pre-purchase deal, I have been playing the original Torchlight the last couple days and have been loving it, making me even more excited for the sequel.
  7. So the question is. What is your steam info.
  8. Anyone who might want to add me: Eclipsys#2534
  9. Share with me why this game is good at all? Cuz i dont get it what so good about the game . really, - not hatin
  10. It's probably one of the most addicting games I've ever played. the story isn't THAT great, BUT - the items man, that's where it hooks you; kind of like Minecraft (somewhat maybe). Personally, I play Minecraft so I can get awesome enchanted items and mess shhhtuff up - well it's kind of the same thing for Diablo 3. You kill bosses or elite mobs and in return you get enchanted weapons. You can put gems into a lot of the items make them better and more powerful as you progress on through the game.
  11. Duh Duh Duh DUH