AMD vs. Intel [poll]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by PseudoDistant, Oct 25, 2018.

?

AMD vs. Intel

AMD 3 vote(s) 23.1%
Intel 10 vote(s) 76.9%
VIA 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. There used to be a clear winner, but since Ryzen came out in 2017, there is no longer a clear winner. Which do you think is better for running Minecraft Java edition?
    JDHallows likes this.
  2. Imo, neither is better. You choose based on which one you need for your specific circumstances.
    Slvr, 607, Jay2a and 3 others like this.
  3. Thank you for the prompt reply!
    JDHallows likes this.
  4. I agree with JD. It depends on the usage. One is better for productivity while the other is better for gaming. You also have to factor in price.

As for myself I chose the new i9 9900k for my build.
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  5. Depends on what person uses what.
  6. I vote for graphics card.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. *processor
  8. I've had an AMD processor for over 2 years now and it has served me well. I plan on upgrading it to an Intel because my current one is a 6 year old model and isnt able to keep up with todays high end games.
  9. I've never cared to look into it. I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about: is it graphic cards?
  10. CPUs mostly. AMD does make graphics cards as well, but Intel does not.
  11. Just saying, when I think about differentiating my machine or just dream I think graphics card. Both Intel and AMD make good processors. At least for my purposes. I have a nice i5 and that works great for me.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  12. Ah, I've certainly never looked into that. I just get whatever is recommended to me. :) Many people I know like 'geeking out' about processors and such, but I don't get what's interesting about them, especially if they're so advanced.
  13. The i9 is too expensive for me, XD.
    I believe that I failed to be specific, as many of you are confused. I'll edit it.