[AMA + poll] hi! i'm now 5 years and four days old on emc, ask me stuff

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ArkonXT, Oct 30, 2021.

1. hello! i missed my 5 year anniversary on EMC :+1:

greetings! i am:
    -ark
    -male
    -gay
    -from the U.S., born in canada, currently in mercedes benz caesars superdome city.
    -answering any questions you have about me (that i want to answer, of course)

i think i did one of these threads a few years ago, but it's a perfect opportunity for a new one since i need some help:

i've been wanting to come back to the server for a while now, but the main thing keeping me from investing a ton of time on EMC (again) is my lack of ideas for how to redo my residences. i've got three together on SMP6, and one on utopia. my 6 home has been a medieval hodgepodge of buildings ever since i joined, and i'm not interested in keeping it. my utopia residence has only ever had a satellite dish attempting to contact FadedMartian's family, and it too needs to eventually be thanos-snapped.

if you have any ideas for what i should build or what style i should build in, leave a comment with your questions!
  2. Hmmm

Most fond EMC memories, and

what are some of the rarest items/promos you've gotten from your time before?
    ArkonXT, UltiPig and KatydidBuild like this.
  3. most fond memory would have to be a christmas event hosted by Velma_T_Jinkies and some other players if i remember correctly, tl;dr i did some extreme boating during what was supposed to be a boat maze race, and was the only person to actually finish the course in a boat. someone even bought a trophy head from +DECO and renamed it "Arkon's Boating Trophy"

-rarest official promo would be my Fish Bowl. they're worth a couple million quid nowadays i think

-i won a special book in which Magi_Of_Greyhawk (then Megadodo_Pubs) wrote the entire Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy encyclopedia (i haven't read the book i don't know exactly where it's from) and titled it "DON'T PANIC !".
  4. You should build in the LLO. We still accept members.

Do you say "aboot"?
    ArkonXT likes this.
  5. while i appreciate the invitation (and may take you up on it in the future!), i'm trying to focus on my residences for now. i will get back into emc outposts eventually, but i'm prioritizing outposts on other smps.

i do not! as a result of moving around the U.S., my accent skews more southeastern / central east coast since i've spent the most time living in those regions. and yes, since i've moved to louisiana i now say "y'all" uncontrollably.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  6. Happiest of 5th's to you. Recognize your name, not in a bad way, just from before global chat was a thing. As someone on the server who is just a bit older than me:
    - favorite Game from Games server before the "1.12 broke command blocks" stuff.
    - what did you do last summer?
    - favorite chew toy, if given a choice: redstone wiring or white chocolate?
    ArkonXT likes this.
  7. same to you!

- i really only played bowspleef before the server broke, so i guess that? outside of TNT games i've never been much of a minigames person.
    - other than sitting in my room playing video games? :p some highlights were working my first job from june-august, going to a green day/falloutboy/weezer concert, and attending some comic-cons.
    -redstone wiring redstone wiring redstone wiring
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  8. Happy 5th year and some days!

Who first got you into Minecraft?
    ArkonXT likes this.
  9. good question! when i was a wee lad and learned of youtube i quickly fell into watching SSundee & Hermitcraft 4 players and thought, "hey that looks really fun" so i bought minecraft not too long after

fun fact EMC was like the second or third server i started playing on
  10. You should come back :) Personally if youre wanting to demolish buildings, sounds like a perfect opportunity to come back slow and work on pulling down the old! Maybe as you do something for the new will come to you!(There are lots of different blocks to work with now) :)

P.S. We're pretty sure this is making a come back this year(and we've been working on upgrading the boat racing course!)
    ArkonXT likes this.
  11. how did i just see this and your reference to me is funny lol

congrats on the 5 years
    ArkonXT likes this.
  12. For AMA. Tell us about your favorite spot since youve moved so often :)

And glad you enjoyed winning the book... I am secretly Megádodo Publications. :D
    ArkonXT likes this.
  13. definitely! really miss all the people i met from playing on the server. and for sure, i've got some block palette ideas from newer updates that i want to work with (tuff and calcite are actually very useful!!)

oh boy, does this mean i have to defend my unofficial trophy?
    MissBonnieParker likes this.
  14. definitely washington d.c, there is so much to do there and it's really easy to get around places.
    i could say way more abt being there but that's too much for me to type

i had no idea :eek: does bloodbeard's have a book section?!
    Raaynn likes this.
  15. No, my library is next door at raaynns res, 12022
    The tower of knowledge
    ArkonXT likes this.