Allow dogs and cats to be Stabled and used across SMPs

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by KatydidBuild, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Which "pet" do you use most in Minecraft?

dog (tamed wolf) 4 vote(s) 50.0%
cat (tamed ocelot) 2 vote(s) 25.0%
parrot 4 vote(s) 50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I am not a person who gets parrots, ocelots and wolves tamed, just to have them as pets. I hate creepers and skeletons attacking me that much. But I cannot take eggs with me to all the different outposts. The spawned animals usually run away, plus having to re-tame them, every time. We don't want players to build little huts at every single outpost - that would lead to disorder and be ugly. The solution seems reasonable and simple. Add a slot to the Stable system for a tame cat, a tame wolf, and a tame parrot.
    TomvanWijnen and MaglorYavetil like this.
  2. Interesting suggestion. I wonder how could this be implemented, though. See, to store a horse (mule, donkey or llama) you have to do " /st store " while riding the horse. since you cannot ride a pet, the dynamic has to be different. I like the idea a lot, being able to store a parrot so it can follow you across servers would be awesome.

I suggest making a whole new command for it, lets say " /pet store " while being on the same block as the pet you'd like to store. also the pet storage should be separated from the stable. it would be very uncomfortable to try and summon your horse with "/st summon" and summon a cat instead.
    KatydidBuild and TomvanWijnen like this.
  3. Oh! I know! we could use the stable space for both horses and pets but doing "/st summon (store)" would always summon (or store) a ridable animal; while doing "/pet summon (store)" will always summon (or store) a pet. That way we don't need another storage system.

Looking forward for the community thoughts.
    KatydidBuild and TomvanWijnen like this.
  4. You forgot some viable animals the parrots and the pigs! they feel left out....
    MaglorYavetil likes this.
  5. I think this is a good idea in general. I am gonna stay neutral though +0
  6. An already suggested suggestion,

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/suggestion-kennel.52737
    Here was the response...
    The thread was posted on May 22, 2015. The response from devs was back on June 29, 2015. An updated status would be nice.
    MaglorYavetil likes this.
  7. oh cool! so there's a good chance it will happen eventually.

agreed with EquableHook, a pig with a saddle should definitely be considered a pet. Not sure about a pig without a saddle tho.