AFK Kicks

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by JZH1000, Jan 3, 2014.

1. You have me curious if the player you're referencing is me. I have been AFK'ing at an iron farm all day but the farm clearly states it's public (for all players) and it also says that any iron collected while I'm at the farm alone is mine. If you are referencing me then as kryssy explained, the iron is collected in a chest and the fact that I'm standing there doesn't interfere with any other player using the farm.

I will say though after being here a total of about 13 hours, I come back and the DC is only half full so obviously someone was here and took the iron out of the chest because both DCs should be completely full after this much time. However, I don't mind this at all even though it does break the rule that's posted at the farm.

EDIT: I will add though that the farm had a door at the entrance of where I was standing which would protect me from any mobs while I was AFK'ing there and someone removed the door, thus making it so that if a creeper spawned then would blow up not only me but the build (as this happened a few days ago) and if you were the one that removed the door thus opening up the possibility of that and it happened then I would think that would be a bannable offense since you are contributing to a player being killed.
  2. And it's also griefing if it wasn't the builder who removed it. :)
  3. A agree! It should be a 10 minute afk kick, not only can people afk for hours at your iron farm but if you forget to close minecraft you could waste all your internet
  4. If you have been hogging up the system all day, then how would you know if other players were there or not? From the rest of your post, it seems you have no idea about anything that happened. There could have been players all over that farm, just waiting for the iron they need.
    PlayTehMinecraft likes this.
  5. Not sure why this old thread was revived but I'm not at that iron farm anymore. I'm paying it forward though by building a new public iron farm for everyone to use.

but funny that you talk about me not having any idea what happened and then you, who also have no idea what happened, start speculating on what might have happened. as i was there i think i would have more of an idea than you. you need to troll better next time.
  6. Don't build it, they are shut down in 1.8 :)
    The best part of 1.8 right there.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. what do you mean they are shut down? are Iron Golems gone?
  8. Players manually have to kill them.
  9. oh that's fine

does that just mean they don't take fire or block damage?
  10. You are right, I was speculating since I didn't know what happened. Yet you, who also wasn't there, don't know what happened either, as you make clear in your post below. You speculated too, so why do you think you have exclusive rights to do that? I was simply pointing out a very reasonable counter to your claim, which is welcome in any thread like this.

If I wanted to troll you there would be much better ways of doing it. I could point out the obvious insecurities in your first post, your inconsistent grammar, how uninformed you are, etc. I could have tried to provoke an emotional response from you. But in reality, I would have no interest in trolling you the way you think I do. For one reason, this thread is very small and not enough people see it (you seem to think I am a disrespectful troller, and they love public attention). Another reason is that you are not a forum regular, So I don't know you well enough to troll, and I would feel bad if I scared you off. I also am not a disrespectful troller when I troll, I would much rather make people laugh than piss people off, as many around here already know.

I don't mean to sound harsh, or to call you out on your unfounded attempt at shaming me. I want to show you that throwing out baseless accusations only brings to light how much you truly don't know about what you are talking about. :)
    GoodnightSmith likes this.