Advice for a New PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheDarkAngel7, Nov 19, 2015.

1. But the G3258 does soooo much better and you can get an easy 4.7GHz @ 1.35V with even a $30 cooler. Please overclock it xD
  2. My budget would be around $750, I'm looking for a PC that can play and record the games that I previously mentioned.
  3. -gives you the $1000 build my bro wants for himself-

I still need to understand why my brother needs a $1000+ computer and with $500 peripherals... He doesn't do anything that needs a computer better than mine.
  4. Well if he's paying for it it's basically up to him on what he wants to spend his money on. If he's going overkill then let him waste his money :S
    golddigger221 likes this.
  5. Hello again community,

Thanks for all the advice for a new PC, my Dad and I decided that the new PC will be a combination of Christmas and my birthday which was 1 week ago.

Let's say that what if I want to go with an AMD processor and not an Intel processor. Would you recommend a processor out of the AMD FX series? Any good combinations you can think of that can meet the games that I play and be able to record those games, including GTA IV & V in the future?
  6. It really isn't a good option, if you ABSOLUTELY have to, get the FX-8350. However, it will bottleneck any moderately performing GPU and will suffer in CPU-bound titles. Do what you have to in order to get an Intel i3 or i5. But if you really can't, the FX-8350 is okay.
  7. Hmm. It depends on your budget and what other games you want to play on your laptop. If you want to play the high end games, such as Black Ops 3 and Battlefront, you will need a much more powerful PC or laptop. My laptop, that can run anything that is out currently, is Intel i7, Nvidia GTX 960, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, and 1 TB Hard drive. It ran me about 1 thousand dollars. It all depends on what you want. If it is just minecraft, then you can get a fairly cheap laptop and still be able to run it smoothly. Basically, an Intel i5, Nvidia 900 (or something like that), 4-8GB of DDR3 or 4 RAM, and any size hard drive you like pretty much. Those will be about five hundred dollars I believe for a laptop. So its whatever you want. :)
  8. I got that on my other laptop I don't even use it tho i rather be on my baby the laptop i am currently using.