Adding /Party

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by GnarlyArmadillo, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Hi my name is GnarlyArmadillo, people just call me Gnarly.

My suggestion is: to add /party

Suggestion: I know that we already have /group which is really useful when doing a project for a day or so, but im doing a project with someone right now and /group doesnt work as well because we have to invite each other every time because it kicks us out of the group everytime we log off the server for the night. Whereas, /party would be a great feature for people who want to do project over a long period of time and instead of it kicking you out of the party when you log off the server, you stay in the party permanently until you decide to leave. example: say you were in a party with someone who is now inactive, you could /party leave or /party disband and join another party or create your own. /party create (Name of Party)

If anyone has any inquires about this, i would be happy to answer on here or on discord - Gnarly#0270

Thanks for reading and i hope this will become a feature in EMC
  2. +1 I always have a select group of people that I group with and it would be nice to just have a permanent thing for us to be in :)
    Burki and 607 like this.
  3. Hm, that's an idea I've never heard before! Thanks for taking the time to write it out here. :)
    I notice that you say you're doing a project with 'someone'. If it's just one person, can't you just use a private conversation? (started by /tell [person], @ [person] or clicking on their name)
    But there are probably also regular groups consisting of more people, for example those frequently working on a mob farm together.
    I suppose it could be a separate chat channel, so that while you are in a party, you can also still use other channels (and if nobody in your party is on but you use the party channel, it would notify you like it already does for other channels).
    I can't think of anything against it, to be honest! /group should still be the default option to use, but /party could be a feature used gladly by certain groups of people.
    Velma_T_Jinkies and Burki like this.
  4. This is a really good suggestion! I'm sure many people would appreciate such a feature and I couldn't imagine it would take too much code altering HOWEVER it does take code, which would put it right at the bottom of the priority list sadly.
    +1 from me though
  5. Empires will have something coded into it that will be more like a persistent group. At least for the message in the OP, this will address the problem.
    NuclearBobomb likes this.
  6. Not sure if you use mods, but I use macro mod to automatically turn on /buildmode for me whenever i enter the frontier. Then if i don't need it, i turn it off manually. I don't know how many times I forgot to do this then spend an hour without protecting blocks.

Not completely what your looking for but maybe an alternative until Empires.

PM me if you'd like to share the command. :)