a pitch to all morbheads

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoulPunisher, Apr 15, 2022.

?

do you want to see more of morbius?

yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
heavens yes 1 vote(s) 100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I'm sure that we've all seen the pop culture phenomenon that is Morbius.

Marvel sold the character to Sony Pictures back in 2000 and he was due to appear in Blade II in 2002, but the inclusion unfortunately fell through. However, there was a ray of hope for all of us morbheads when Sony announced Dr. Michael Morbius would be getting his own movie as part of the Sony Spider-Man Universe in 2017. Morbheads were delighted when the first movie in this universe, Venom, was released to commercial success in 2018. Morbius was barrelling towards its release date when the COVID-19 pandemic hit in January 2020, however, and was unfortunately delayed. Now, after two long years, Morbius has been released to previously unseen levels of critical acclaim and commercial success, with the film expected to sweep several award shows including the Oscars next year.

I think it's clear that the Morbius franchise must continue at all costs and I am advising that Sony Pictures hire me, a long-term member of the Morbhead community and someone who is very passionate about the lore of Morbius, to take over command of the franchise. Not only am I suggesting a long term plan for sequels, I am suggesting an overhaul of the SSU and the complete realignment of it to focus on Morbius. Here is my pitch for Phase One of the Morbiusverse.

Morbius Vs. Blade (2023)

In the Marvel comic books, Morbius (a vampire) and Blade (a vampire hunter) are long-term adversaries. I am aware that as of Eternals (2021), Blade is now part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe however I am suggesting that we work with the MCU's concept of 'multiverse variants', trust our audience's intelligence, and cast someone new as the Morbiusverse's Blade. I am suggesting that we cast none other than Will Smith as Blade.

In this movie, Blade gets bitten by Morbius and gets his powers. He goes on a quest for vengeance against Morbius, which takes place against the backdrop of Morbius's ever-increasing power being noticed by the United States Senate, who attempt to place limits on his power but during the session it is blown up. Morbius begins investigating and finds out that his brother Milo (Matt Smith) is still alive and is behind the attack on the Senate. Milo also meets up with Blade and is pumping with propaganda and telling him how to defeat Morbius. It all culminates in an exciting third act where Morbius and Blade fight, but their mothers have the same name and Morbius calls out his mother's name, causing Blade to stop and agree to fight Milo. They are joined by Tom Hardy's Venom and Michael Keaton's Vulture during the final fight against a mutated Milo. Morbius is killed in the final battle however.

In our first post-credits scene, Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man is shown approaching Venom, Vulture, and Blade and says that he's forming a team to fill in for the loss of Morbius. In our second post-credits scene, Morbius wakes up in a strange hospital room with two doors - he opens one, finding himself on a cliff overlooking what the audience will recognise as the MCU's Wakanda, and then opens the second, finding himself overlooking a strange futuristic city. He steps through one of the doors.

Spider League (2024)

Spider League will be a streaming series distributed on Netflix, featuring Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man with Tom Hardy, Will Smith, and Michael Keaton reprising their roles as Venom, Blade, and Vulture. The series will run for six episodes and detail the world's mourning for Morbius, as the Spider League struggle to fill his shoes in their fight against Carnage, who is attempting to gather the power for the symbiote god Knull to launch an invasion of earth. It ends in their narrow victory, having merely postponed Knull's invasion, and the devastated New York City in the process. Its final scene is Andrew Garfield crying out for Morbius to return - a nearby door swings open and shines a ray of light through, and we see Jared Leto's silhouette moving closer. Roll credits.

Morbius: Into the Morbiusverse (2025)

Morbius: Into the Morbiusverse follows the events of Morbius Vs. Blade. Morbius ends up in the 2099 version of earth, meeting Morbius 2099 (who now dominates earth as its benevolent dictator). After initially fighting him, they come to an understanding and try to investigate why Morbius was able to pass through the dimensions, but are distracted when Doctor Doom rises up against Morbius 2099 and our two Morbiuses team up to stop him. After defeating Doctor Doom, they discover that at the exact moment our Morbius died, Wilson Fisk in another dimension powered up a dimensional barrier breaking machine. They hop through a door together. A post-credits scene announces "MORBIUS WILL RETURN IN MORBIUS: ACROSS THE MORBIUSVERSE - PART I".

I am aware that the inclusion of Doctor Doom is copyright infringement, as Disney now owns the rights to the Fantastic Four property, however using just a fraction of the profits generated from this movie will pay off our lawsuits - if not outright win the court case. This is important to do as we have plans to infringe more copyright later and we need to test the limits/set precedents.

Morbius: Across the Morbiusverse - Part I (2027)
    Morbius: Across the Morbiusverse - Part II (2028)

Across the Morbiusverse is a single story, and what should be a single six hour long movie, however we need to split profit across multiple years and make sure our audience is engaged the entire time.

Morbius and Morbius 2099 enter the Morbiusverse and end up split up in various Morbius dimensions. Morbius 2099 finds himself trapped in the Morbius Noir universe and our Morbius finds himself trapped in the Ultimate Morbius universe. They deal with these Morbius variant's problems by the end of Part I, finding the dimension where Wilson Fisk's machine exists and as they are about to destroy it, find out about the existence of Zampire Morbius from the Marvel Morbius Zombies universe. All four team-up in Part II, when they find themselves fighting against the might of Zombie Morbius and his inter-dimensional zombie invasion. Part II ends with Zampire Morbius's defeat and a tearful goodbye between Morbius, Morbius Noir, Ultimate Morbius, and Morbius 2099. Morbius returns to his universe through a door and is greeted by a tearful Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man (who has aged slightly because it's been five years since we filmed Spider League but I think the audience will forgive that).

Morbius Vs. Knull (2030)

Morbius vs. Knull is a continuation of Spider League. A battle-hardened Morbius leads the Spider League (now called the Morbius League) against the invading forces of Knull and goes on an interplanetary adventure to defeat him. This three hour movie, which is basically one massive battle scene a la The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, ends in Morbius being crowned as the King In Black. Eddie Brock will die first, passing the Venom symbiote on to Morbius. Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man will die in a fight against a resurrected Gwen Stacey, who has become the host of the Carnage symbiote, leaving it up to Morbius to defeat her. Vulture will die in the first five minutes.

Morbius Kills The DC Extended Universe (2032)

Morbius is bored. In this movie, he reconstructs Wilson Fisk's interdimensional hopping machine and ends up in the DC Extended Universe. He launches a massacre of the DCEU's superheroes (Henry Cavill's Superman, Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, etc.).

Morbius Kills The Marvel Cinematic Universe (2033)

A back-to-back sequel to MKTDCEU, this movie follows Morbius as he enters the Marvel Cinematic Universe and launches a massacre of the MCU's superheroes. He will team up with Deadpool in this movie. This will establish the Morbiusverse as the only cinematic universe left in film media and show Morbius supremacy over them all. After this movie, I will retire and hand the franchise off to someone else.

I personally believe that Hans Zimmer should score all of these movies and I think Denis Villenueve will sign on to direct Morbius Vs. Blade and Morbius Vs. Knull; Christopher Nolan will direct Morbius: Into the Morbiusverse, as well as Morbius: Across the Morbiusverse - Part I and Morbius: Across the Morbiusverse - Part II. James Gunn has already contacted me to say he will direct Morbius Kills The DC Extended Universe and Morbius Kills The Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Sony please read this. It's what the people want.

Peace out Morbheads!!
    weeh likes this.