A community reminder about Prophecies.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Buildershed, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Meanwhile in my neighborhood, which has one of the worst crime rates in long island and full of MS-13 and crip influenced offshoots, churches (im not christian btw) are helping keep kids off the street and educate them through community outreach programs, giving them a safe place, and preaching peace. They're feeding the poor and teaching kids to be the best they can be and succeed so they can give their families a better life. Most religious people i know here, like my own mosque clergy, reject the traditionalist homophobia and sexism that comes from cultural influence and are out here teaching love. It's easy to get caught up in the media BS and political sh** instead of opening your eyes and seeing real people for the real example of what they're like but that's what you have to do. Then you find the violence people cause in the name of religion always has some ulterior motive. ISIS?they manipulate people so they can get power, they dont give a damn about Islam which they blatantly contradict all the time. the irish Catholic vs Protestant conflicts clearly had to do with politics, with the partition of ireland.
    I respect your opinion and im sorry for the things you've been through but it's unfair and selfish to totally disrespect beliefs people value and that do cause good in the world just because you've had different experiences.
    607 likes this.
  2. Ok, well I think Progression by science is more important than using traditional or religious values to help progression.