[1.5 Giveaway + Autobiography] The greatest year of my Minecraft life

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SpaceShuttleFan, Mar 20, 2013.

1. So here it is. 376 days now? Already? Wow, what a year. Guess it's time for the traditional autobiography!

Disclaimer - This is vastly what really happened. Some details are improvised. As you can tell, this is a wall of text. TL;DR? Don't post.

Like many new recruits of EMC, I was just bored, looking for servers online. I came across a site with EMC ads all over the margins. I thought "Huh, I'll give it a shot." I went here, got my account, went to SMP1... and a TUTORIAL? I wanted to play Minecraft! I zoomed aimlessly around, running by many "Read the Guide for answers!" signs. I caved after a few minutes and breezed through the tutorial with the Guide at my service. So begins my love of the Guide. I walked out into a quiet empire. The "SpaceShuttleFan has joined the Empire!" thing hadn't been implemented yet. I settled down at 1079, next to a half-finished house, another half finished house, and the res of a certain Terr. The building began quickly. I rushed to the shop and loaded up on stone slabs, glass, and netherrack. With this, I made a humble house on the edge of the res. A bit later, I began individually selling spare items out of a single chest on the path leading to my house. Then 1.2 came out, and I splurged on two redstone lamps and made my first post. This is the exact quote, found after a long, long bout of looking through my history:
    I eggified about 7 ocelots and sold them at 500R a pop. I got one recently for 100. :nostalgia: After this, I opened my first shop. I sold spawn eggs, some redstone things, and all four types of planks. This was a novelty at the time, and I got over 1,000R for the first time since I'd joined. Before that. I'd been living day-to-day on the 100R sign-in bonus. I built a giant wool creeper, and I then got bored of SMP1. I packed up everything important and moved to a nice corner res on SMP3. I settled down, rebuilt a better house, and put mycelium in the front lawn. I rebuilt my shop, but I never opened it. I began work on Orion Tower, better known to me as a cobblestone cube. In fact, here's a pic:

But the tower never expanded, and the shop never opened. I was once again bored, mostly because of the dead community of SMP3. I recognized nobody from the forums. So I went back to SMP1. There, I claimed res 2585, where I built my redstone shop. I remember being sold 10K of stock in one day, draining my account. I was on the way back from mining, watching the infinite sell messages. My brain was screaming "NO, PERSON! STOP SELLING! PLEASE! As it turned out, it was my neighbor. :D
    I began work on the Shard, another never-completed project. To this day, I still want to build it. I'll try again soon. Here's the foundation.

After a long spout of falling in and out of Minecraft, I came back, unclaimed 2585, and noticed that res #1337 was open. I had drooled when I teleported there back in my early days, wishing I had that res number - and here was my chance! I couldn't believe my luck, and I eagerly claimed the res. I began a rocket project, and that fell down the well of my boredom also. I decided to try something I'd never seen before. I began a space station, hoping I would outsmart my own attention span this time. It's still going.

And that brings us to the present day. Here's to more great years, fellow Empire Minecraftians!

Giveaway is 3 posts down.
    607 and jacob5089 like this.
  2. Cool! Yah, for me you were in the background, and then BAM! SSF everywhere!
  3. First post! Ill take 69 when you do the giveaway xD

Edit: Dangit Trufflehunter!
  4. Alright, here's the giveaway part. I have some things lying around the LLO that I need to get rid of. They include:
    • about 6 stacks of redstone (will be pre-converted to blocks)
    • 2 diamond blocks
    • an enchanting table
    It's not to the scale of 1.5 million rupees, but it's something. Winners will be drawn by random.org in this way:
    1. Diamond block + enchanting table
    2. Diamond block
    3. Half of the redstone (any leftovers will be kept by me)
    4. Half of the redstone
    5. A potato in a PM
    9. bat192a
    14. MVPworldseries
    16. HylianNinja
    24. nick5013
    28. inpixies
    38. TheMinner333

Distribution details
    Prizes will be distributed by Easter or the update of EMC, whichever comes later. Expect a day or two past that to get your prize.
  5. 3rd post i will take 14 not 71 when u do giveaway!:D

edit: 5th post......:oops:
  6. 28, please
  7. Updated to here.
  8. 13

Edit: Nice story!
  9. 37 please
    Maybe I should post a biography... I'll do that.
  10. I doth request 18 my dear friend! I doth remembereth when thou first settled down! *Nostalgia*
  11. It appears that someone forgot their thread.
    607 and jacob5089 like this.
  12. Totally wanna get 5th place!

Grats on 1+ year.
  13. 8 grats on ur one year ;)
  14. Ill take 22 please:)