[IMPORTANT] Upcoming Derelict Timer Changes

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Just pay 5$ get an iron voucher problem solved.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  2. Or get minechat on phone log in your done XD
    ShelLuser and AyanamiKun like this.
  3. Love this Idea. I vote every day (except when I'm out and not in wifi areas) and play as regularly as I can. I personally see no problem here. +1 from me.
  4. i'm so scared. My 4 reses will disappear most likely. I'm always too lazy to vote...
  5. Logging in once a month isn't hard at all. If you're too lazy to do that... I don't know.
  6. Kind of feeling a bit "neutral" on this new policy, it will bump voting up quite a bit, as well as some activity but I know some players that can't log in once a month of vote due to real life situations. I don't know, guess we'll see how it goes in the upcoming months.
  7. That's when Krysyy gives them derelict protection until everything's stable irl.
    AyanamiKun and FDNY21 like this.
  8. I'm just wondering why people who can't be bothered to login once a month and have stopped playing on the server would be indignant at having to vote 4 times a month so they can continue squatting indefinitely, especially the ones with a partially built res, empty res or shops that haven't been stocked since the last ice age. While some may have a good reason, there's community support for special circumstances. I'm pretty sure the majority of these people haven't all suddenly moved to Siberia...which actually has high speed internet in remote areas. If you've moved on to a different server then let it go.

A full year of residence protection for only 12 logins seems pretty generous to me.
    AyanamiKun, PenguinDJ and FDNY21 like this.
  9. As someone who votes to keep their res because of school obligations, I am not 100% pleased with this. It is true that logging in once a month is easy, but for someone who works to minimize distractions, logging on to a server I can easily become addicted to is a risky move.:rolleyes:

I would like to see it scale with how often one votes. If someone votes 30 days in a row, I think that their dedication to EMC (whether they do it for the rupees/rewards or not) should warrant a long protection period that 7 days. I agree that those who vote just once a month shouldn't be catered to due their nonexistent involvement in relation to the EMC servers, but those who vote constantly should be granted a longer protection period (say, 15-20 days) in case a situation arises where they can't do anything to get extended protection.
    Pab10S and dresden72 like this.
  10. So if I don't log in for more than a month or vote, and not telling senior staff about it, my res will be deleted?
  11. Not deleted, just able to be forceclaimed.
  12. If the account is derelict for a few days or more and new players need space then system will auto-unclaim and delete the residence so that it is available for new players too :)
    jkjkjk182 and PenguinDJ like this.
  13. I think this is why they're making these changes, because of people who only vote once a month and don't even make a cursory login. If you fall into that category then you're not really playing EMC. It's sort of unfair to both new and active players. Vote 4 times a month or login once a month seems pretty fair. I know servers that will wipe you after a week...period.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  14. log in once a week. I am not on as often as I used to be, get used to voting will hard for me.
  15. Niiice
    Neat
    Epic
    I usually play a bunch, so whatever.
    YAY!

(Also I know how wikia wikis work very well XD)
  16. Too bad this computer im using dont have OpenGL 2.0, so I cant play MC
  17. cool, im good with these changes
  18. This guy is so chill.
  19. Lovely Jubbly!
    mercenaries2009 likes this.