[IMPORTANT] Upcoming Derelict Timer Changes

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 6, 2015.

1. If you don't want to buy it, voting once every 7 days or logging in once every 30 should be no trouble at all.
  2. I know know. I just saying it's a $100
  3. We aren't forcing, nor pushing anyone to purchase it. However, for those that want it, it's absolutely no effort required after the purchase point. Some people put forth effort to maintain non-derelict status and some people want a quick and easy solution. It can't be cheap because otherwise people would get diamond for only one month, then derelict protect their residences and never have their residences taken away. Not very fair if it was cheap...$100 is adequate considering what you are getting.
    ShelLuser and FDNY21 like this.
  4. Which is pretty cheap in my opinion if you consider what you're getting. And don't only look at this from a player perspective: also try to keep the impact on the server in mind. If a player has 4 (or more) residences then they all suddenly become permanent 'just like that'.

Don't get me wrong: it's a big amount of money, not denying that. But in comparison... yeah, I really think it's cheap. Also because you can get yourself 6 months worth of diamond supporter status for the same amount, and that gets you a lot of other extra stuff as well.
  5. then how do we get rupees I VOTE NO NO MORE CHANGE IT IS HARD AS IT IS !!!!!
  6. You can still vote every day and get all rupee bonuses, nothing about the bonuses have changed :)
  7. Seems fair.
  8. so as long as we vote or login within 7 days our res will be protected?
  9. If you vote within 7 days or log in within 30 days.
  10. ok Thank you
  11. Huzzah! I hope now all the dead residences belonging to players that only vote surrounding my res can get reset and allow for some fresh creations :D
  12. w8, so if you vote, you will get 7 days off protectection added with 7 being max , and if u log on ingame, u get 30 days added with 30 being the max for regular members?
  13. yeah, so its better to go online and play instead of just vote. its best to play and vote every day b/c that gets u lots of cool stuff.

so the way i read it: vote = 7 days added, login = max. days added (30 for regulars).
  14. wow... I do not agree with this change, at all. 10 days for new players and only 7 for veterans who have gotten burnt out but still want a place to return to when the burn out is over... I think 7 days is NOT fair, period. 7 days/14 days why do you staff care, why is staff after people who vote to keep their builds? Is over crowding that bad in town? And why is it fair for new players to auto claim a res, never build ANYTHING, get longer that a player who has been here for YEARS?

Starting to wonder why I keep coming around... Making changes on things that don't really matter, but keep ignoring things that matter, like wild protection.
  15. no, 30 days for veterans. when u log on u get the max. days back, so 30 for vets. newbs would get 10 days. if both the vet and the newb vote they both only get 7 days added. so vets still get longer protection, main diff. is that its better to log on & play than to vote. if u only want to vote u now need to vote 4 times (every week) in a month.

i dunno why they did this but i do think its fair. if u play u get more (longer) protection than if u only vote and are never there. this is also nicer for ur neighbours b/c now they might actually get to meet u.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  16. Vets get 30. You misunderstood the OP. Overcrowding is an issue, though. That's why Staff had to expand the town...
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  17. Voting, change, yes I understand the change, thank you. I do NOT agree with the CHANGE because I am a VOTER. I vote for people so they can keep their res's. I am saying that new people get 10 days when veterans VOTING only get 7 days, not fair at all. Why should I have to message someone when I go on vacation? If my rental place doesn't have wifi, now my friend can lose his res because I can't for vote for 7 days, wow that is totally fair. But the new kid, next day, logs on and then leaves gets his place for 10 days.
  18. so ask ur friend to come online for a moment, then he immediately gets 30 days again. i see what ur saying, but i think its also fair to ask: why should ppl who dont actually play anymore get the same kind of protection than those who do? EMC is still about playing Minecraft afterall.

but about ur vacation: id try PM senior staff and explain the problem to them. Krysyy already said that they sometimes could help out by giving u protection.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  19. I understand your aversion to this change, but it has long been discussed that voting was overpowered when it comes to protecting residences of players that have no interest in playing again. Players can vote for OTHER accounts very easily and ancient residences are being voted for when we know that the owner is not voting for them. This is not fair to a player that logs in and actively participates on EMC.

We did not remove the ability to protect a residence with voting. We only made it require at least more than a fraction of effort so that the active players are not short-changed. If you need to go away for more than 7 days and are currently a voter, then LOG IN. If you are voting for another account that you cannot log into, then perhaps it's time for that person to lose their residence. It's not fair for them to keep it with no effort on their part.

On the code side of things: This is not something that takes a lot of code to change. It is basically a flip of a switch thing, so it's not this giant code change that delays any ongoing projects. We added the delay for notification purposes only.
    ShelLuser, PenguinDJ and AyanamiKun like this.