how to improve the spawn rate in the dark room grinder??

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by WHITEWOLFIX, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Also when I use /entc. It says 63 monsters and there is only 4 or 5 mobs in my grinder. I checked the caves around again it is all lit up I am sure 100. So where are the other monster.
  2. And if I made a new grinder in the sky like ethoslab tutorial. Is it will be a good idea for high spawn rates?? and what amount layers can I do to get at least 64 gun powder per 20 mins ??
  3. You must have an area of 120x120 ligt up i believe.
  4. See the problem is, you think it is 100% cleared but its not. There is a place that they can spawn. See the problem with that is the despawn time is around 40 seconds for a mob in a cave. Where as in a mob trap it is usually under 5 seconds (not despawn but death). That means for every one mob in the caves it is preventing one from spawning in your trap. Even worse, since that 1 mob in the caves lives for over 30 seconds longer it will not spawn another mob till that one is despawned (If youre at the mobcap) so youre losing efficiency because the mob in the caves is living for much longer.
  5. If I made a new one in the ocean in Y:120. So I don't care of the caves ???
  6. Not true, you still must light up the caves because in EMC's system there is no Y-Check
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. So I must light all the caves from 0 to 120 ???
  8. Is there anyway to locate the caves under me ??
  9. It is a 4 chunks from your player. Not including the chunk that the player is standing in. Therefore it is a 144x144 block square.
  10. 4 chunks in every direction ??

4 from right and 4 from left and 4 fromfront and 4 from back ???
  11. if u want to build it in the sky it should be Y: 180-190 (depending on water depth)where u stand. Also the grinder u have copied is from beta versions :p might wanna check out som newer types
  12. Find the middle of your area where the mobs lands and then go out to every wall. Then go 130blocks away from EACH wall and have ALL dark spots (caves) in that area lit up

if you you are gonna add more spawning pads be sure to stay under Y 126. If you go past that the server has to update more chunks so you will get less spawning rates. // Im not sure if this has been changed since last time I made a darkroom mobtrap

If you want full efficiency light up ALL caves in that area I mentioned and maybe redesign your mobtrap, the most efficient one is the one where you use pistons & string like the newer versions of enderman farm, this trap aint cheap tho :)
  13. I think it is cheap for those who have iron farms and wood farms

Like me :eek:
  14. Are you built a one in 190 ???

And if you. What is the efficiency of it ???
  15. I use f3 and /entc. with f3 I look at the pit that is full of monsters "E:" tells you the amount of entities you are looking at.
    2013-03-21_10.jpg

My grinder is also built in the sky y150+. and all caves are lit up, I use monster spawn highlighter to know they are lit;)

And this still dose not explain why my grinder worked better before.

If this where true I could stand at the kill zone of my grinder witch is 28 blocks lower than the spawner cells and they would spawn with the same efficiency as the spot I stand to make them spawn. But it dose not.
    WHITEWOLFIX likes this.
  16. What is monster spawn highlighter ??
  17. That's a useful mod.
  18. That is total entities, not just mobs
  19. total entities you are looking at out of the total amount in the area "E:looking at/toatal"