Happy Thanksgiving! Misc Updates - 11/24/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Huh, I guess it's the same Turkey Slicer from 2014...not even a year put on it (not that 2014 had the date). I was a little more exited when Aikar said in the OP that it was the "old" slicer and provided this link for it.

I think it's time for staff to employ the likes of FDNY21 or Mman to get the promo and event item releases right.

Not the first error on an item or the way it was introduced (remember the 2014 slicer wasn't final at first - I'd love to have those swords now).

In any case, I appreciate the effort and look forward to hunting these new little turkey b-tards.

:)
  2. A very easy error to make since there are two versions. The Thanksgiving turkey drop ones come from the super turkeys and don't have years on propose due to ability for re release. Aikar likely forgot there are multiple links.

He didn't create anything new so I trusted him to not mess up. We all know the havoc aikar had caused with promo versions before =P
    khixan, ShelLuser and Satchiko like this.
  3. 2 versions? there is another to find as well? or was the other version retired?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. There was a version given out with /promo and sold in /shop in 2013. It had the year on it.
    Satchiko likes this.
  5. Interesting, Thank you.
  6. I also noticed that the 2013 link was put in the OP rather than the Thanksgiving Mob Drop version... For those that want the link to the actual Turkey Slicer available, go to this link: http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/thanksgiving-event-turkey-slicer/

Also did an update to the Wiki page to mention the release of this Slicer in the 2015 Event.

Cheers for the updates!
    Satchiko and MatthewDA like this.

7. I'm not even going to try to kill it cause I'm not OP...
    khixan and HannahEB like this.
  8. Changed in OP too.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  9. that i dont have permission 4 that command ^.^
  10. It's not difficult, it just takes a lot of time
  11. I'll get a Senior Staff to check into it today or I can when I get home from work this afternoon. I should be a little earlier than usual.
    AyanamiKun and ShelLuser like this.
  12. Found one! *Clicks* *checks phone* *makes dinner one handed* *carrys on clicking* *checks time* *checks emails* *drinks* *eats* *does homework* *still clicking* *hand starts to hurt* *Chicken dies* YES! *drops 16 feathers and a diamond* WHY?! *finger falls off*
  13. Surely #ChickenBwarkIt
    Qkazoochan and HannahEB like this.
  14. This was / is frickin' awesome!

Aya and me did some exploration in the (underground) wasteland, more with the idea to mine (was an abandoned mineshaft near spawn (now occupied) which we wanted to explore some further) when the gobble appeared. Luckily for us we managed to find the critter decently quick: it sat in a lava pool (of course!) at the bottom of a huge chasm.

Worse yet: it was guarded by an enraged skeleton, which was sitting in a larger lava pool besides it (I kid you not). So yeah, too bad about the enraged drops, but he had to go :)

This must have been the silliest thing we've done so far. The speed of that turkey made me laugh it out which isn't exactly good if you want to slice it up :) So slicing, dicing & closing it was (closing up the lava pits). I suppose it took 2 swords, sorta; Aya's lance (12 or so attack damage) and my voters sword (8) and it was brutal. But we got lucky! Dozens of feathers, a diamond and.... The Turkey Slicer! :)

Of course now the real challenge starts: we'll be going at this again but now with the intend of trying to get another one; there's two of us after all :)

And if that wasn't enough... During the fight another gobble message appeared, and I think I saw a 2nd turkey appear but I'm not too sure. I lost track of it, but I did manage to find a feast chest which I also think was plain out awesome! Just way too much cake for me so I shared that with some of my friends (finally putting the /friends feature to some good use!).

Seriously; these are the kinds of events which I personally like best: events which last for a few days and which you can participate in at your own leisure. Either alone or with one of more friends or maybe simply not at all. Had a really good time here!

So yeah, happy thanksgiving everyone!

PS

Aya devised a pretty cool strategy, maybe it can help some of you guys too: use a sword with knockback and try to get the turkey cornered a bit. Once you do hit it into the corner and then try to keep hitting it up the wall. This way you can simply slash at it without too much risk of it getting away.

Do make sure that the wall is high enough because depending on your sword you can also risk hitting it over the wall and then (if you're unlucky) the chase starts all over again :D
    Satchiko likes this.
  15. Woof Woof!
    Gobble Gobble!
  16. I want to kill turkey's and find feast chests so badly, but I'm in school and they have a firewall on their network :mad:

#thestruggleisreal
  17. Seems the thanksgiving flag on SMP2 has issues. Instead of the thanksgiving flag it shows a blue flag with stars on it. Both Aya and myself spotted this at first, we tried relogging and such but nothing. I kinda forgot about it until I met up with Tahitan and we also ended up here: he sees the same thing. So I think we can most definitely rule out a client issue:

Tahitan likes this.
  18. Nice Update Happy ThanksGiving Everyone!!!
    :)
  19. No, only 1 sword to murderize Turkey's faces! I have a Unbreakable voter's sword.
  20. There are no saved res locations on smp4 spawn. Fixing now.
    Krysyy and AyanamiKun like this.