Global warming lies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Marine4121, Feb 7, 2014.

1. The Earth isn't overpopulated, Humans are. 7 billion people is way too much. Humans are impossible, and that's one of the very few things I love about them :p We live past fertility age (40 whole years atleast, unless an unexpected death occurs), we're smart (most of us anyway) and we defy evolution in so many ways.

And btw, gravity changes are 100% possible. While they do not usually occur on planets, and they won't be occuring on Earth anytime soon, it is definitely possible.

Global Warming is complete rubbish. It happens naturally, over many hundreds of years until an Ice Age happens, and then it will get warmer, and so on. We're still in an ice age which is coming to end quite quickly, so the government is getting worked up over nothing tbh.
    princebee, Equinox_Boss and BFInc like this.
  2. Magnetic north changes it direction randomly. It recently swapped to the East of Earth after 200 (or something) years of being West. The magnetic field is created by the ores in the Earth at the inner core is iron ore. It's at about 5,700°C which as the same temperature as the sun surface, but due to gravity it's prevented from melting into a liquid.

--

And its the Climate Change Theory. That mean's it's not proven. It could be real, it might not be real. But it could be just the Earth going through another phase of its life. Its a couple billion years old and has been through many phases. We've been through super hot and super cold. The Earth could be going through another phase.

Here is a little grid thing I remembered after watching a video:

global warming grid.png
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Hmm varied/random weather patterns hmm sounds like Texas weather 28 degress one day and 74 the next.
  4. As stated before, your opinion isn't truth/proven, just so you know. Also, EMC is probably not the place to make a thread like this. There are many debate forums around, you may be interested in those.
    Equinox_Boss, Olaf_C and BFInc like this.

• (dark blue 1000-1991): P.D. Jones, K.R. Briffa, T.P. Barnett, and S.F.B. Tett (1998). "High-resolution Palaeoclimatic Records for the last Millennium: Interpretation, Integration and Comparison with General Circulation Model Control-run Temperatures". The Holocene 8: 455-471. doi:10.1191/095968398667194956
    • (blue 1000-1980): M.E. Mann, R.S. Bradley, and M.K. Hughes (1999). "Northern Hemisphere Temperatures During the Past Millennium: Inferences, Uncertainties, and Limitations". Geophysical Research Letters 26 (6): 759-762.
    • (light blue 1000-1965): Crowley and Lowery (2000). "Northern Hemisphere Temperature Reconstruction". Ambio 29: 51-54. Modified as published in Crowley (2000). "Causes of Climate Change Over the Past 1000 Years". Science 289: 270-277. doi:10.1126/science.289.5477.270
    • (lightest blue 1402-1960): K.R. Briffa, T.J. Osborn, F.H. Schweingruber, I.C. Harris, P.D. Jones, S.G. Shiyatov, S.G. and E.A. Vaganov (2001). "Low-frequency temperature variations from a northern tree-ring density network". J. Geophys. Res. 106: 2929-2941.
    • (light turquoise 831-1992): J. Esper, E.R. Cook, and F.H. Schweingruber (2002). "Low-Frequency Signals in Long Tree-Ring Chronologies for Reconstructing Past Temperature Variability". Science 295 (5563): 2250-2253.doi:10.1126/science.1066208.
    • (green 200-1980): M.E. Mann and P.D. Jones (2003). "Global Surface Temperatures over the Past Two Millennia". Geophysical Research Letters 30 (15): 1820. doi:10.1029/2003GL017814.
    • (yellow 200-1995): P.D. Jones and M.E. Mann (2004). "Climate Over Past Millennia". Reviews of Geophysics 42: RG2002. doi:10.1029/2003RG000143
    • (orange 1500-1980): S. Huang (2004). "Merging Information from Different Resources for New Insights into Climate Change in the Past and Future". Geophys. Res Lett. 31: L13205. doi:10.1029/2004GL019781
    • (red 1-1979): A. Moberg, D.M. Sonechkin, K. Holmgren, N.M. Datsenko and W. Karlén (2005). "Highly variable Northern Hemisphere temperatures reconstructed from low- and high-resolution proxy data". nature 443: 613-617. doi:10.1038/nature03265
    • (dark red 1600-1990): J.H. Oerlemans (2005). "Extracting a Climate Signal from 169 Glacier Records". Science 308: 675-677. doi:10.1126/science.1107046

(Climate departure is when the average temperature of a locations coolest year is hotter than it's average temperature in it's hottest year).

This post is aimed as a rebuttal to Soulpunisher primarily (since I'm not keen on labeling him as a conspiracy theorist). While it is true that climate does shift on its own, it does it at a VERY gradual rate; the rate at which climate is changing currently is quite rapid. No natural process this massive would logically move at such an intense rate.
    mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. Sounds like an average Missouri weather change, my grandmother tells me stories about the weather doing crazier things than that back when she was a kid (over 70 years ago)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. It was joke about Texas weather. I'm not trying to compare it to other states or countries weather
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. They thought there was no natural process for how the tectonic plates move. But a 'simple' convection current moves them. We don't know every single natural process. There are many unknown and Earth works in a mysterious way. Its like how we cannot predict the weather to 100% accuracy - we try to make an algorithm out of it, but there is none. The Earths weather has constants and variables, some stay the same some change. And some just throw us completely out.
    Equinox_Boss and SoulPunisher like this.
  8. You watch WAY too much Fox News.

My third cousin is a researcher and professor at a University in Brisbane, Australia. Global Warming and Climate Change is something we need to worry about.

There has been drastic weather changes in the last few decades and with overpopulation of glass guzzling cars, polluting energy sources, and other things. Air is being polluted and so is water. The icecaps are melting and the government has no way to benefit if they are making this experience. What could they possibly get from this?

It has been exaggerated but it is still a concern. My cousin, the one in Australia, is noticing affects on ocean's rising and things that global warming says will happen. There are other concerns about what we are doing to the earth that affects other things besides global warming.

Air is being polluted and fresh water is also. There are 7 Billion+ people on this planet. When every human needs water, resources, a house, things like that, you realize how much we are wasting. We have energy efficient appliances and electric cars but we forget that most of our energy comes from fossil fuel, coal, and polluting energy sources.

Solar and Wind energy are not always available and other sources pollute. IT is causing health hazards and the Ice Caps to melt.

The human race is heavily overpopulated. Simple as that. We are hurting the environment and need to take better care of it. It is not a government conspiracy since they have no way to profit from it or get any gain.
  9. The sun flips its poles every few years... That isn't Solar Shutdown. That's how Solar Systems work.
    Equinox_Boss, Olaf_C and BFInc like this.
  10. hard science has proven with collected data that the varied temperature extremes we are experiencing currently (record breaking highs and lows over the past 5 years) are a result of climate change, the term global warming was coined by a superpac and not the scientific community and thus is an inconsistent and incorrectly used phrase. climate change is the more correct term.

ask any marine/macro biologist if the climate is affecting the oceans and they will give you scores of data, which will include more turbulent gyres, a slight northerly shift in the Coriolis effect and a decrease in fish spawn because of colder waters in normal breeding grounds.

theres more then enough convincing evidence out there to disprove your rant. and even if governments suddenly became interested in science what would be the point of that sort of lie?
    conspiracies have deep resounding reasons, they arent for the sole purpose of lying to the community so wheres the buck they are making by convincing us to continue destroying our earth?

there really isnt even a question that climate change exists any longer amongst anyone educated on the topic, however the cause of said change is still entirely up for debate.
  11. Look, in my country global warming affects us very much. We normally haved hot days like 38 or 40 Celsius, but now, with help of the pollution, cutting trees, bad things to the ecosystem, we have 42 or 44 celsius, every day!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Because those glaciers are differently not melting because the temperature isn't changing.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Google information about global gas emissions sometime. We measure annual gas emissions in the hundreds of billions of tons.

Billions. Of. Tons. Of. Gases.

Fossil fuels were once living plants. Plants that absorbed carbon dioxide, incorporated it into their cells as sugars or cellulose, then died and were preserved through geological processes that took thousands or millions of years. We have taken those fuels and released the bulk of the gases they converted and stored so many years ago into our atmosphere all in less than 100 years.

This debate has been going on since I was a kid in the 70's. Back then we were discussing whether all these gases were going to cause warming or cooling. Cooling/warming... It doesn't really matter because we can't dump that much gas into our atmosphere in this short of time and not expect anything to change. I'm over 50 now and my observations are that warming is winning. It has gotten to the point that I don't need any scientist or politician to tell me that. It is all around us if we look.

Warming isn't just about ice caps melting. Our weather is driven by heat differentials between hot and cold air and water. More warmth in our atmosphere means there is more energy that is going to be released during weather events like thunderstorms and tornadoes and there will be more of them.

Plants and animals that need certain conditions to live are going to have to move or die. A coral reef could gradually move over hundreds of years, as parts die and new parts grow in more favorable locations, but if conditions change over the course of a few years, it and everything that is dependent on it can die.

Other organisms that are held in check are going to thrive and crowd out others. The dead zone around the Mississippi river delta in the Gulf of Mexico is a good example. That is caused primarily from water run-off but the same idea.

What happens if our crops don't grow anymore or if insects and disease cannot be controlled? Changes are already happening and chances are that many more will be bad than good. It is very likely that some will be disastrous.

Government conspiracies aren't to blame. They wouldn't be able to pull it off without screwing it up. This is real. There are changes coming and some are already here. Some might be good for us, but most probably will not be. The sad thing to me is that even once everyone realizes it the changes we need to make will not be made.

Every generation is born and views the world around them as their normal baseline, then views 70 years of small incremental changes and accepts them without looking at the long term. People in general just don't change their behavior unless they have to and there are too many people who don't understand, are too selfish, too busy, or just don't care.
  14. Lol i know right... My school got cancelled because of 1/2 of ice...
  15. 99.8% of climate scientists agree global warming is real and caused by human activities.
  16. 1. Actually, I believe we are due for a magnetic pole flipping relatively soon.
    2. We are in an ice age right now.
    3. When you were in elementary school, you were probably taught that there were three states of matter. LIES! You were probably taught that Columbus came up with the "round world" concept, discovered the Americas, and was a lovely person. LIES! You were probably taught that Internet Explorer was an amazing browser. LIES! Everyone is taught lies all their life, one more (whether or not it really IS a lie) makes little difference. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. I disagree with those scientists. If you want to know what really causes global warming, look at what volcanos out into the atmosphere..
  18. You're entitled to disagree with them, as long as you understand the following.
    1. There are a lot of scientists who study our climate.
    2. Most of them have made a career from studying the earth's climate, so they know much, much more than you and me, and know better what they are talking about.
  19. Yes, true. But what has happened is that in the 17-1800's we began to accelerate this process beyond the natural rise in temperatures. And this is having an effect. Instead of us having 1000-10,000 years to move our costal cities inland to prevent flooding, we could potentially have only decades.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.