Empire Minecraft 1.2 update status

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. am i the only one that cant get on? it just gives me error messages when i try to connect. i need to know if i just need to wait until the server updates or if this is a problem i can solve now. i love this server and i want to play. :(
  2. Woooohoooo0oo!

well, still "up to the people". Either way I guess I dont care as long as I am not too lazy to tear down all my hard work I did :(
  3. I am actually dumping all of my other residences and moving to smp7 when the opportunity arises... I love the work I put into my old residences, but seeing as we are so close to 1.2.3 EMC and that we are on the cusp of another round of server launches (Dystopia :D and inevitable smp7+) I know that we will have absolutely no need to reset the map to smp7 as it would be ridiculous to launch it before the update. :)

I went on a item and animal dumping spree... Everyone is excited about smp7 but I told them that it is inevitable... As a moderator, I have access to 4 residences.. With the changes in 1.2.3 and the inevitable release of smp7+ and the current level of build in smp1 - smp4, I am moving forward.
    I feel that a wild reset is not required for smp1 - smp4 any more. I have changed my mind.
    There are many great projects there and it would be selfish to take them away.
    If the players want to see the jungles, travel farther or move on up with the rest of us. :)
  4. what time is that gmt please
  5. ET is eastern time for the east coast of the US so the time diffrence is 5 hours with GMT so thats 10:00 in the morning iam in GMT +1 so its here 11:00 :)
  6. Ima make villager farm ;)
  7. I did notice using this beta build the animals walk weird.... like they will be looking in a completely different direction and walk like to the side idk if this is the AI or bug lol
  8. Almost done
  9. Is there no way to copy the chunks with things that would be needing saving, and then paste them into a reset wild? or am I suggesting a complete impossibility/something that would take so much work it wouldn't be worth doing?
  10. You'd have to ask justin on that one...
  11. Yeah that was focused at Justin :p
    Crazy1080 likes this.
  12. I suggested this to Justin once upon a time, I believe he didn't accept the idea because it wouldn't be fair to EMC users for him to have to decide which parts of the wilderness "matter" and which parts don't.
  13. Yeah I could see that being a problem. but if, persay this was some crazy wonder world where everyone got everything they wanted to keep selected. Is it even feasibly possible?
  14. From what I understand, it takes longer than a day to open the Town World in MCEdit. I have no idea how long it would take to load the Wilderness. D:
  15. O.O that is a LONG time...
  16. you could write a program to do it programatically, and focus on the job of exporting coordinates x, y, z of specified width, height and depth, then importing and a certain x, y, z again, which would be quicker as you'd only need to load the parts of the map you're modifying. However, unless there is already an application to do this, it would not be an insignificant task.

edit: lol a program that does things programatically. i'm so funny.
  17. you've got to love a good bout of redundancy XD
  18. I totally appreciate your comment. :D

I think it would probably be very difficult to create something like this though, unless you modified something I found a while back that lets you mark off an area of a map using a specific combination of blocks and an external program parses the marked off area for use by a 3d printer. The idea is sound, but I really have no idea how much work it would entail.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.