any 1 else see this new game?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Michael_Nolan, Jan 31, 2013.

1. so you do look through my windows? and take pictures!?!?!?!
    creepincreepers7 and Pab10S like this.
  2. The FAQ explains a lot.
    I don't think they're looking to directly simulate the universe exactly how it is, and I believe they'll cross that bridge when they come to it. It'll be quite a long time before space travel becomes possible, because a lot of technologies are pioneered at the same pace as reality or slightly faster. However, consider what a million people spending an hour on researching a technology could do.

I sort of did have an idea for a clan; to maybe simulate the Nazis and take over whatever the world's equivalent of Europe is. Or maybe simulate Stalin and take over the world's equivalent of Russia. Not that I advocate Naziism or Stalinism IRL, it just seems...very, very tempting. Very, very, very tempting indeed....

But yes, we can make an EMC clan. We could call ourselves...Empire. Just 'Empire'.
    Some of you may know I played a forum game on EMC called The New Era, in which I eventually came to control an area of land larger than every other country combined, before being ratted out by the Pope and falling to a so-called Rosefield Pact. It sort of seems like fate...the Progressian Empire could have been training for this, my ultimate calling.

But anyway, I can use Progressian tactics to potentially grow Empire to be the ultimate force in game. I most certainly would've defeated the Rosefield Pact and practically won the game if I was a better roleplayer and I didn't godmode as much. But that's not a problem here.

If we were to create Empire, here's the main plan:
    1. Get as much of the active EMC user base into the game as possible.
    2. Allocate 30% of the userbase to a Tech Force for research, 30% to an Economic Force, 10% to a Diplomatic and Political Force, and 30% to an Imperial Force for expansion.
    3. Expand as much as possible. Make Empire a democratic and laissez-faire capitalist country.
    4. When another nation is met, establish embassies as soon as possible and trade as much as possible. Begin a process of integration, rewarding the nation with more trade whenever they integrate, until we are one nation, with us at the helm.
    5. Make sure Empire has a military policy consisting of neutrality and cohesive action unless attacked direly. Use of military power is always a last resort.
    6. Continue the policy until we are more powerful than every other nation combined. In that situation, we begin an undeclared guerilla war against the rest of the world. The only situation where we agree to stop fighting with any one nation is where they agree to join Empire.
    7. Own the game.
  3. heh sounds like a plan.

But to be fiar guys it's not like they can make an engine where we can attach different things like you can IRL how can you make an enjine where ANYTHING is makable it's just NOT how will they make all the textures, they would have to do it Runescape style and have certain things you can make (but more modern?) because you simply can't make a game where you can make what you want ... Minecraft = creatable things, you can't make a spaceship on MC without a mod...

but if it could be made, it would be epic, and to be fair, people would start to choose it over IRL and then, well who is going to do everything IRL, what they would create would be so good it would compete with REAL life, and if were good at the game, invented things, made friends and In real life you failed your GCSEs... and had a bad life, wouldn't they just give up? (I'm talking about if the game got to the extent it was almost real, as in you can make anything...
    and if did get to that point wouldn't the people who were real good businessmen just become as powerful as they are IRL and it would just become a replica of real life O.O? meh, then again I'm just saying what would happen if that anime with that virtual world where banks were run on it ... even government missiles.

So in short in my mind this "game" isn't makable. and if it in 10 year or so, It's ether going to be badly made, or it just wont work.
  4. The devs will update the game faster than players can discover new stuff.
  5. I know what you mean, but it will end up like G-mod.. but you have to make the bits first. I just can't see it being possible, Yet, and they would have to remake the engine almost from scratch every month or so so it can be run on Mobile tablet PC console. and if they kept making new things surely there would be loads of buggs, and unless these guys are REALLY good at game engine making they will NOT be able to keep all these different things around in a world, how will this be hosted, they would need server's even bigger than facebooks server and storage centres. I really can't see it being made, there would have to be a new tech to run this thing.
  6. and think about it it take a team of what 20 artists and 10 coders in 2-3 years to make a good not buggy open world game where all sorts goes on, (I don't mean Assassins Creed you can't really do much on that you walk about and do missions).
    there would have to be a MASSIVE dev team working on it, and the bigger the coding team and the bigger the group doing the art... they will start to lack communication you would think. and then you have to think, how will they make it so you can make ANYTHING you can't easily tie shoelaces with a controller or with a keyboard and mouse, let alone a touch screen table/phone.
  7. i call king of the clan :p you can be a strategic adviser.
  8. There shall be no monarch, but a democratically elected president.
  9. nope im king :p
  10. well volt won't help, or he's going to over throw you like the French.
  11. Woah ... that's an amazing idea .... I REALLY hope this gets made ....
    AlexHallon likes this.
  12. He can try :p
    Also I will be nothing like the French!
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  13. same, and i hope within 15 years
  14. "democratically elected"
    hehe.
  15. In theory, it is an amazing project. In reality, it does not yet seem practical. I will come back in 1000 years and see what kind of video games exist then, if humans haven't already destroyed it during the next 20 years or so....
  16. xD i missed that
    have you looked through this? http://universeprojects.blogspot.com/
  17. Somewhere in the FAQ, it mentioned a 10x time scaling.

Rather, a society that advances in technology 10 times as fast.. that's still 4-500 years that it will take to make a steam engine. So what if there are millions of players working on it, there were/are quite a few people working on technology in the past and present. Surely there are over a million people who are all working towards the advancement of technology, and all that's accomplished in the last decade is smart phones.
    (And excitingly powerful computers.)
    I know that isn't an entirely true statement. If you call me on it, I will laugh at you.
    SoulPunisher and HylianNinja like this.
  18. You mean exactly like now.
  19. I read through all of it. I still say I will come back in 1000 years if humanity doesn't destroy the world in the next 20 or so. I am not discrediting their plans, but they are right about it being the most ambitious computer game project to date.
    On "paper" it sounds wonderful. I signed up for the newsletter but I am not going to drool over this game just yet.
    I was skeptical about Minecraft, even when it made its debut in PCGamer, so maybe I will be proven wrong a second time. :)
    SoulPunisher and EdmundWayne like this.