Wow... Talk about the power of the masses

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JabrZer0, Aug 25, 2012.

1. For those of you who don't know the name Matthew Inman, you may know him instead by the name "The Oatmeal". The Oatmeal is an extremely well known internet cartoonist. He recently gained the attention of many internet news sites by facing off against FunnyJunk.com in a legal battle. In response to an argument with a particularly annoying lawyer, Inman raised over $200,000 for charity. (For more info, visit theoatmeal.com and take a look around) That's impressive. It's almost a quarter-million dollars raised for charity in just a few days. So how could he top that? Well...

The Oatmeal is a HUGE fan of Nikola Tesla, and created an Indiegogo campaign to raise the money to build a Tesla museum. They needed $850,000. In 9 days, the campaign has raised over $1,000,000. That's right, SIX zeroes. Over ONE MILLION DOLLARS. In 9 days. That's around $100 every minute. Just saying, that's awesome.
  2. Is this you
  3. In 9 days he got 100000, but the fundraiser continues for ~40 more days ;)
    I'm an Oatlet
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  4. Is that even possable.
    BTW NICE WORK!
  5. That is awesome. So super happy for this guy. I am glad the Nikola Tesla museum is going to be built and that it took only 9 days to get over $1 Million. That is quite an impressive feat.
    hayleycolgan and Jimbonothing64 like this.
  6. That is really awesome. I remember in 5th grade I had to do a report on Thomas Edison, but I ended up making about 1/4 of the report about Tesla instead. I got marked down for that. :/
  7. If they make a Telsa Museum I would gladly travel to go see it