Would I be allowed to sell wild houses?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mrlegitislegit, Apr 6, 2012.

1. This is a little idea I came up with, selling homes int he wild. I don't mean in a preset area, I mean anywhere! I came up with this idea well working on a home in the SMP3 wild. This could help get MANY people into the wild, and also help the EMC economy. The homes I would be selling could range from:

1. A small hut: These would cost VERY little, around 50R.
    2. A small house: These would be one room houses. They would cost around 100R-150R, depending on any add ones.
    3. Medium sized houses: Would be 2-3 rooms big. Would cost around 150R-200R.

Like I said, this could bring people into the wild, and get people to work to find stuff! If the houses get griefted, it would not be my fault, as I would have sold it to you, making it your home. If I would be allowed to do this, please let me know!
  2. This is a good idea but I don't know how it would work.
  3. It wouldn't be a sever wide thing, (Like a EMC feature) it would just be me, and anyone else he decides to do it. It would work like this:

1. I get a order from buyer
    2. I go out to the wild, to the biome they want it in, and start building.
    3. When I'm done, I tell the buyer, and show them it.
    4. ???
    5. Profit.
    6. If they reject the house, I then put it up for sale.
  4. I don't see anything wrong with it. When you build in the wilderness, the building is yours, so to speak. If there is a market for your creations, go for it.
  5. But what if someone griefs every house, not just the already owned ones? I don't see how it would be against any rules, but I also don't really see the safety of doing it.
    battmeghs likes this.
  6. They wouldn't be all next to each other, they would be spread all around the wilds! This is so the chance of griefing is lowered, then if they were all in a line. If a un-owned house is griefted, then I fix it.
  7. Do you plan on making the houses out of more expensive material, or just wood and cobble...someone could just buy a house so they could take everything it was made of...that would kind of defeat the point.
  8. I would start out with wood and cobble. Also, if they buy it and just take all of the materials, fine by me! I still got paid for it. :)
  9. 2-3 rooms seems pretty small...... What about mansion?
  10. If you ask me, gigantic houses in the wild are a waste, which is why I am not going to build them. I could add a few more rooms on, but not 50 more.
  11. a 50 room house in the wild would be cool to see XD
  12. Well if you want to add on to one yourself, be my guessed! :)
  13. Yea, you get paid...but you did all of the work for no reason. Say you put...brick and stone bricks...and you're only paid 150r for it. It'd be worth more than that in the store, and you did a bunch of work; it'd be easier just to sell them the stuff.
  14. well im selling my house from my town 60 X 60 aera.