World Download Installation Help For Mac?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Hashhog, May 11, 2014.

1. So, first of all, I'm on a Mac, and I am having a ton of trouble installing the World Download mod. Sometimes the launcher won't work when I press Play, but usually when I try things it works but then I press escape only to find the mod is implemented. So, here are all the things I tried, usually a comination of multiple things:

• Using versions 1.7.2, 1.7.4, and 1.7.6
    • Editing actual 1.7.x files
    • Making a copy (1.7.x.WDL) and editing THAT
    • Changing the 1.7.x in the .json file to 1.7.x.WDL
    • Making the .jar into a zip file (I can't open it directly) and...
    1. Deleting the METAINF folder
    2. Adding in the classes from the world edit mod (both groups)
    3. Compiling all the classes into one zip file, deleting the old zip file, and converting the new one back into a .jar
    • Combinations of these things to try and make it work.
    Has anyone downloaded this for Mac before? How did you do it? Where am I going wrong? Please help! The link for the download I used is below. I don't think I've been having the trouble mentioned in the thread, but I'm no expert. Thanks!
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1444862-172-world-downloader-mod/
  2. I'm not sure, the only issue I know of that caused me problems was it's incompatibility with Forge. I recommend following a step-by-step video tutorial exactly. :)
  3. double check the mod version. Every time I have trouble with mods is because I downloaded the wrong version for the version of minecraft that im running.