Will you chose it. Or not?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DemonThunder345, Oct 30, 2013.

?

Will you take the chance?

Yes 15 vote(s) 42.9%
No 20 vote(s) 57.1%
  1. when they can upload your mind to a robot we won't need this :p
  2. But You might not live to be that old.
  3. Wait what. They take our brains and put it into metal junk...
  4. Cybermen-series-6.jpg
    Jcplugs and jacob5089 like this.
  5. Jcplugs and Olaf_C like this.
  6. I would drink it. Over my life I would travel around the world and find answers to questions like
    1. Is it possible to order something at subway without saying "um"
    2. can 2 Canadians get in a fight
    3. is aikar really a robot
    4. what does the fox really say
    Parkerjv9 and DemonThunder345 like this.
    1. "Can I get an M&M cookie ok thanks"
    2. My friend's brother hacked at my arm because I didn't give him the shovel
    3. we've seen him
    4. it twitches it's nose, and does a cry, Google it.
    Parkerjv9, cddm95ace and HylianNinja like this.
  7. My whole life is a lie...
    Parkerjv9 and princebee like this.
  8. Negatives to Living Forever:
    • You will be forced to watch all who you grow close to die as you live on.
    • Culture is cyclic, nothing will be new to you.
    • You will not evolve alongside humanity, and you will be left as a genetic freak to them.
    • The secret to your immortality will be fought over by world governments, and you could live a life of experimentation.
    • You will be the closest the future has to a god. That might sound neat, until you find your front yard coated in followers begging for whatever.
    • Relativity will cause time to move faster and faster until everything is a incomprehensible blur.
    • You run the risk of being stranded somewhere or somehow for all eternity. Even if you survive until the end of Earth you get the pleasure of floating through space.
    • Your brain will be unable to contain all the new memories and information you acquire, and you'll develop conditions such as Alzheimer's Disease and perhaps schizophrenia.
    Seems like the negatives are quite terrifying.
  9. My opinion is why drink it to live forever? If you me that someone you like and you live forever you grieve for eternity about there death. One of many examples.
  10. I'd probably drink it when the world is in a zombie apocolypse, so suicide, or zombie proof.
  11. Well, thank you for crushing my dreams. Although, you have one thing wrong: long term memory is theoretically limitless.
  12. Also, if you live forever, wouldn't you be per say immune to anything that could kill you? So your brain would be able to survive those diseases and be like perfect.
    DemonThunder345 and bitemenow15 like this.
  13. That would mean you would become an experiment to a group of crazies trying to harness that power.
  14. I like how all of you forget the fact that you can also get whatever you want :p
    DemonThunder345 likes this.
  15. The issue lies in organizing that information. The human mind loses the ability to reliably store memories and knowledge within a normal lifetime. So imagine multiple lifetimes.
  16. floating through space doesent seem so bad, additionally if i am truly immortal. i dont need sleep or air or food. i can quite literally spend as much time as i want doing whatever i want and noone can stop me. torture? so what? not like they can kill me. experimentation? eventually they are going to get bored and figure out that im not remarkable other then im immortal
    DemonThunder345 and CoDe4RiDeR like this.
  17. Most of that is caused by the aging process. If you are immortal you wouldn't undergo the aging process. You would experience the loss of early memories, but you shouldn't have any serious problems like Alzheimer's or schizophrenia.
  18. I think we'll need clarification on the exact whereabouts of this immortality.
  19. So uh, is it like regeneration, or no aging, or what?