Will there be a Wild reset in 1.4?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Shaaades, Oct 21, 2012.

1. I haven't been able to find any information on the site regarding this matter, so I presume nothing is going to happen. Considering 1.4 is out this Wednesday, I just want to know whether the Wild / Nether will be reset. I kinda want it to be reset because the wild on smp6 is just a mess, but at the same time I have spawners and such that I don't really want to lose.
    o0_Jetfire_0o likes this.
  2. We never really considered this, to my knowledge there's no computer generated structures added in 1.4 so I don't think there will be one. If there was, there would be a poll first. :)
  3. The only new thing that would be able to cause a reset are Witch Huts and they are only Swamp Biomes so it wont happen
  4. We haven't spoken about a wild reset for 1.4, but judging from previous updates it shouldn't be needed, the 'witches huts' should just populate in the newly generated chunks.

In regards to the condition of the wilderness spawn areas, Maxarias and myself have been manually regenerating the PRAs (areas between red and yellow boxes on livemaps) over the last week or two, i'll make it a point to get to smp6 next. :)
    We haven't been doing the outposts yet, but if you know of one which needs doing badly let me know and I'll make sure it is at the top of the list.
  5. On SMP4 we have this massive cobble thing round the outside as a walkway
    margaritte likes this.
  6. i have been putting vines up in smp9 so you won't die by falling into a pit of doom
    battmeghs and margaritte like this.
  7. We don't need a wild reset.
    M4nic_M1ner and pietdagamer like this.
  8. OK thanks Shaun
  9. That is very helpful to get to most of my places i need to go in the wild
  10. SMP6 FTW!
  11. I see the gray :D
  12. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't mean smp4 I MEAN SMP6!
  13. lolol the sad truth.
  14. I regenerated smp9 main spawn the other day, if the outposts are repair worthy also ill go through and do a run of those after all mains are complete.

smp6 was done today, and I'll hit smp4 tomorrow if possible. :)
  15. There were some activities to decrease ugliness of the area around /wild on smp6, it seems to me that it would be enough to raise awareness that destroying the main ways and uglyfying the close areas are a form of griefing.
    (I'm repairing the "docks" on smp6 myself on a regular basis.)

BTW, there are more than enough unexploited areas reachable within 1-2 minutes and
    unexplored areas reachable within 3-5 minutes.

16. ^^ This ^^

Although you don't die when you fall, you are stuck trying to get out.
    battmeghs likes this.
  17. Don't you just love those forced short diagonal mines from bedrock to surface, I'll get to this one soon also. :)
  18. cant you just regenerate the first 500-1000 blocks out wards in every direction, if that is possible?
    because and do it on a monthly bases or something just to make it easier to get around? because noone has anything important there.
    just a thought
  19. There shouldn't be a requirement for a reset due to the lack of any map alterations or changes. I vaguely recall reading in a Tweet perhaps that they wanted to avoid any further updates that'd require a reset due to the amount of issues it caused servers / players.
  20. We can all pray to the creeper god that is true. :)
    jkjkjk182, nfell2009 and margaritte like this.