Will Player spawn Golems despawn?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by autumnrain26, Apr 21, 2012.

1. I am in a small town with a small populous, and I invested the iron into a Golem and I was wondering player spawned ones will despawn if the village is too small?
  2. My village and Golem.. :3
  3. I have no idea, but Glimmars Steampunk nice:).
  4. Well i believe they don't even spawn, i saw a golem recently that was player made and it just was not a golem, just the iron and pumpkin.
  5. yes i tried to make a snow golem in the wild once it failed but my theroy is that golems work for supportors..... maybe
  6. You need to use a Jack 'o Lantern and 4 iron blocks for an iron golem to work.
  7. ^ and it cant be done in town, wild only
  8. I've spawned both Iron Golems and Snow Golems in the wild. From my best observation, there doesn't seem to be a lot of logic to their despawning behavior. With both, they were thousands of blocks from spawn in chunks that probably wouldn't be loaded if I went away for awhile. With both, I indeed did go away for awhile many times. Both golems survived my departure multiple times. But both golems ultimately despawned (or otherwise vanished) after awhile. Maybe another person with more knowledge of the algorithms could give a better answer, but this was my experience.
    jacob5089 and autumnrain26 like this.
  9. Thank you for testing it, but even if it does eventually despawn, or die.. I think I can afford making a new one whenever the need arises, as compared to running out of the house I commandeered into a Zombie Apocalypse invading from Raccoon City over the hill.. xD