Why do banned people still have residences here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by emfs_ad, Dec 27, 2013.

1. I've been wanting to claim a res from this person but I've had to wait. This guy is banned and I'm just curious to know why he still has a res and why the residence isn't cleared right when they get banned?
    cutejuliew likes this.
  2. Their residence isn't cleared right when they are banned to give them time to appeal their ban. What if we make an honest mistake and ban the wrong person. I hate to admit it, but it can happen - and would be awkward if we deleted all of their stuff.
  3. Because they do have the right to appeal and may be found innocent and not deserving of a ban. so banned players simply follow roughly the same derelict policy to give them a shot.
    Jimbonothing64 and amadai like this.
  4. Perfect explanation, all i needed.
    Thanks! :D
    cutejuliew likes this.
  5. Is there a certain time limit they have until it's wiped?
  6. 30 days and 30 nights xD
  7. I forgot, what was the limit until the reses get auto-cleared?
  8. One last question.
    Why not delete the res after the person has been found guilty?
    Alyattayla and cutejuliew like this.
  9. I'd say that a banned persons res should be reset when the server is rebooted the night of it going derelict. The person with the res next to mine has been banned since August and I've had to stare at his res every day since.
    mba2012, NZScruffy and deathconn like this.
  10. I thought the res goes derelict 7 days after the ban? Gives them 7 days to appeal.

How is a res not derelict if banned since August? Oh wait... the res is derelict, just not reset?

If it is derelict, i think it's a good idea to leave it derelict and not 'reset'. Simply because they may still return under some strange circumstance. And if by chance the res has not been force-claimed, then they can keep it still. :)

If you don't like looking at a res, pay someone 5k to force-claim it and reset it. Simple.