What's the lag situation for other UK members?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by kilmannan, Feb 12, 2012.

1. During US peak times when EMC is busy I get really bad lag on EMC. Off-peak, it's not an issue at all.

I just want to know what other UK members are experiencing in this respect?

Naturally, lots affect lag, etc.
  2. I have allmost never had lag on any smp server (It all to do with the ping) well I think
    go to

www.speedtest.net to see how good you are :)
  3. It's all to do with the traffic at peak hours. Primarily, how other UK users find their experience when it hits US peak time and EMC gets busier.
  4. I'm up till like 01:00 sometimes and its still not laggy :/
  5. Its sort of hit and miss. Unfortunately all of our servers sit in the same data center. Unlike other gaming services, such as XBL, that can afford to have a huge network with servers all over the world. I tried my best to pick a data center that had solid backbones to Europe and Australia as a I recognize these are a huge part of our community. US peak time happens to be the peak time for everything US, therefore it is natural that network latency (how fast things are routed) will get worse.

One of my long term goals is to split the servers so we can run them in different geographic locations around the world. This will be a huge goal because of the cross-server nature of EMC and the data centers would have to have a very fast (expensive) connection between them.
  6. It'd cost a small fortune I'd imagine.

Thanks for the feedback JustinGuy, good to know there are future plans in place. I was curious though as to whether it was something being experienced by a lot of the UK playerbase or just a small minority. It only really bothered me seriously last night as I was clearing out the dirt under my Res and it was getting... Emotional... Shall we say. :)

Thanks for the heads up!