What is this world generation?

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Keliris, Sep 2, 2015.

1. The title says it all lol.
  2. That's some fancy biome spawning... :p I've seen similar things xD
  3. That's the border of what was explored before an update vs after. ;)

Probably 1.6 -> 1.7.
    ThaKloned and Keliris like this.
  4. Maybe 1.7-1.8
  5. This must be smp5. I was there once while looking for a new base.
  6. All of then I have seen are 1.6-1.7 updates. I haven't seen anything like this with the 1.8 biomes. Unless you go out REALLY far from spawn you aren't likely to... unless you are talking about the ocean monuments... they caused some problems lol. Smp7 has one in the middle of a desert
  7. Nope c; smp7 near an outpost of my alt's
  8. Chin probably messed up whilst using World Edit
    #Chinbrokeit
  9. So weird lol I've seen one almost exactly like those pictures in smp5 :p
    Keliris likes this.
  10. You likely could find similar things on all smps.
  11. This phenomenon is due to technical reasons. Check the explanation below if you're willing to read my tech-writing.

The terrain generator as of Minecraft Version 1.7 and the generator prior to 1.7 are completely separate and unique. Because of their diversities, newly generated chunks next to pre-1.7 chunks will not respond to those older chunks, thus creating an unsteady boarder between them.
    This is may also be why the nether has never taken advantage of the bigger build limit. If it was attempted, there would be massive gaps between old and new terrain without bedrock, thus allowing survival players to get on top of the nether in a legit manner. Mojang doesn't like us to have access to empty space (I can understand this because of also the Amplified world type, and the upcoming "New" End).

The 1.7+ generator generates the biomes in a realistic manner by following a temperature system. Each biome is assigned a temperature value to indicate its type of climate. The generator will try to generate biomes with similar temperatures by each other. Therefore, dry biomes like deserts, mesas, and savannas will almost never generate next to cold biomes, such as ice plains and cold taigas.

Nothing I've stated about the current world generator doesn't apply to terrain generation before 1.7. Biomes had almost no restrictions to generate back then. The mushroom islands were one of the few biomes that had such restrictions with other biomes: they must be touching an ocean.
    Keliris, Gawadrolt and DH32 like this.
  12. i keep seeing half spawned desert temples xD et frustrated when i see them :p have found like 5 i think