What does Autism feel like?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by autumnrain26, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Warning: If you are part of the spectrum (Like me, and my daughter..) this may be a trigger..

2. Thank you! Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!

I happen to have HFA-NOS, which is very, very close to asperger's. I also have an IQ of 170 plus.

This didn't even touch on the issue of us taking everything literally and having to work our brains overtime trying to figure out what others could be meaning with what they say, and even the hidden meaning others could think we are trying to put into what we say and type that just isn't there for us.
    autumnrain26 likes this.
  3. I am on the autistic spectrum (Asperger) I've honestly think I'm the complete opposite (I used to completely be able to completely blank my hearing out to someone talking to me out to the point I'd forget they were there) I do however take everything literal and I struggle when something major changes..
    autumnrain26 likes this.
  4. Wow, I feel sorry for people with autism all those sounds must get annoying.
  5. Not everyone is like that, because some have been able to figure out a way to direct themselves through the sound to be able to focus, but for many it is very difficult..
  6. That must be annoying.