watch out for this

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by cdboi, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Two users, gmodiscool7, and LegacyP7 have been going around servers claiming they were Planet Minecraft administrators and wanted Op status so they could "inspect out the mysql mainframe and test if some plugins were working". This is an attempt by these two users at hacking servers through the use of Minecraft "Social Engineering"(which is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information).. If you see these two users you notify your server admin/owner right away. They are up to no good.
  2. Thanks for the news. Hopefully anyone out there who has a server isn't gullible enough to fall for these tricks.
  3. my mate nearly did thats y im posting it
  4. Thanks for the warning :)
  5. Lol, one of the servers I follow posted this same warning on facebook yesterday.
  6. Yeah this has actually been going on for some time, the first time someone tried it on us was about 2 months ago....
  7. I remember hat, they wanted access to resources for free, complete control over every command we had at the time, and a few other things. I have to say he was annoying!
  8. I also remember when someone came in saying he was from planet minecraft and wanted to inspect the server and Justin said hel have to email him first and the email was something like "PLANETMINECRAFT@GMAIL.COM)
  9. what if we gave him incorrect creds? i would have to laugh as they got pissed and rage quited. :)
  10. Thanks for the warning, but you just pushed me over the paranoia edge
  11. Haha, that'd be fun to make a fake admin account we could give to people like that. It would some how grief them to no end, though I'm not sure how...I just like the idea, lol.
  12. You can make any spawn command they make take them to a platform in the middle of a lava lake in the nether, as well as delete their entire inventory so they cant build their way out.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  13. Big meanies!! :p

That is kind of funny to think about though. >:]
    bossbaby likes this.
  14. Next time you see somebody like that, here's what you do:

1. Make their name a different color.
    2. Every administrative command transports them to a 4x4x4 cube of bedrock in the center of a Lava Lake in the Nether.
    3. ????????
    4. Profit.
  15. Hehe, You guys are evil :-> Haha but that would be awesome :p