Veterans Day

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wonderwoman_16, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Hi guys! Today, I decided to tell you something! So, Veterans Day is today! Happy Veteran's Day! I just wanna say my grandfather was a veteran :)

From,
    HelloKittyRo
    Todd_Vinton and Jenna3491 like this.
  2. Happy Veterans day to you too. My great uncle served in WW1 many people in my family are also in the military.
    DeathPunchKitty likes this.
  3. ohhh nice! Thanks :)
  4. Tell your grandfather that I thank him for his service please.

You may not know this, but both of my grandfathers served in WWII and my great uncle served in WWII ( on the wrong side though :( ). So this holiday applies to my life as I might be joining the military soon. Thank you.
  5. "on the wrong side" do you mean like the Nazis?
    ww2fan168 likes this.
  6. One of the math teachers in my grade, thier dad, served in WWII while both my grandfathers served also also happy Veterans Day! :D
  7. Woah woah woah. Please remember that I am part german, and I do have family that served for the Nazi's. They most likely joined when Hitler was doing ok, but once you're; in you're in. I find that rude because you're pretty much saying Im an idiot. Please use be mindful of others.
    DeathPunchKitty likes this.
  8. No, not you. It's OKAY if you're German, that's MY OPINON. It's ok, I wasn't talking about the Germans alive now.
  9. World War II and the Nazis are part of modern history. You're going to hear the word Nazi a lot; you'll learn about WWII in school... there's nothing wrong with saying it, and there's no way to prevent yourself from hearing that word.

It's just something you're going to have to live with. :)
    ww2fan168 likes this.
  10. Just because he said Nazi doesn't mean he is one what if you had to do a presentation on Nazi Germany in school? You'd be forced to say it to get an adequate grade.
    nfell2009 and ww2fan168 like this.
  11. Wait, so its ok that I'm german but not that they were forced to do what they did. I'm not proud of what my Great Uncle did, but it's still a part of me ( and I know it shows a little, Im trying to stop ).
  12. This thread is about honoring the men and women who serve(d) in the Military: please everyone lets keep this nice. :)
    jkjkjk182, Hashhog, NathanRP and 2 others like this.