Too many signs? Doors? Ladders? Any other semi/fully renewable resource?

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by XiOmicronSigma, Mar 19, 2012.

?

What do you think about reusing wooden products, such as wooden doors, fences, and signs?

I think that it is a great idea, but I would NOT be able to start right away. 1 vote(s) 25.0%
I think that it is a bad idea, and would certainly NOT start right away. 1 vote(s) 25.0%
I think that it is a great idea, AND I would be willing to start right away! 1 vote(s) 25.0%
I think that it is a bad idea, but I am able to start right away... if I wanted to. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I prefer not to answer this question, and therefore answer the question with "Other." 1 vote(s) 25.0%
You should be banned. Your idea threatens the stability of Empire Minecraft itself! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. When I first joined Empire Minecraft, and claimed a lot on SMP1, I built a tower. It was huge. Each floor (there were approximately 14 total) had 4 doors, 8 ladders, and an average of 0-16 signs. It was built completely out of solid wooden planks.
    Then, I decided to tear the entire tower down. I moved my stuff to a friend's lot, reset my lot, and moved back in. This resulted in an abundance of wooden products and torches, once part of the nonexistent tower. (Items that are "attached" to blocks on your lot will break and fall to the ground if the lot is reset.)
    This is when it hit me: what if I never crafted wood products again? What if I bought wood products from people who no longer needed them, and sold them at a bargain?
    This is where you come in. If you need wood products (doors**, fences, fence gates, charcoal*, logs, planks, pressure plates**,slabs**, ladders, hatches/trap-doors, signs, stairs**, workbenches, chests, boats, pickaxes**, hoes**, shovels**, swords**, axes**, torches*, and everything else which I might have left out...), ask your friends on Empire Minecraft. If your friends cannot (or will not) help you, then you should turn to those other people on your server-of-residence: ask if anyone has any spare wood products (you can specify what you need to eliminate confusion) and will be willing to trade with you. If you get a response back, privately contact them (use the /tell [playername] [themessage] command - it is there for a reason!) them to discuss your future possessions. (NOTE: DO NOT SPAM THE CHAT WITH THIS MESSAGE: you will be purchasing a grave with your trustworthiness.) If this fails, then...
    contact me!
    I sell products at the following prices!

8 signs = 13 rupees
    2 wooden doors = 3 rupees
    4 hatches = 3 rupees
    8 fences = 3 rupees
    1 fence gate = 1 rupee
    16 ladders = 7 rupees
    1 workbench = 1 rupee
    1 chest = 2 rupees
    4 boats = 5 rupees
    2 wooden pressure plates = 1 rupee
    12 wooden slabs = 3 rupees
    8 wooden stairs = 3 rupees
    32 torches = 9 rupees***
    1 charcoal = 1 rupee***

If you have any comments, feel free to say them here!

*These items may require additional labor/service costs, due to smelting and other operations.
    **These are the wooden variants of the products mentioned. However, cobblestone is semi-renewable too....
    ***Labor/service fees still being calculated, and are subject to change.
    -"Sigma" SWATAHOLIC