To everyone wondering about Minecraft.net being down...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, May 19, 2012.

1. No, but this whole thread is about that people can't login <.<
    PThagaard likes this.
  2. Okay everyone, to play in the browser, just make a backup of your minecraft folder and delete the one in the appdata.

It'll download the files and you'll be able to play! :D
    Enjoy!
    JackBiggin likes this.
  3. Also, to anyone that somehow doesn't know this (and there are some ROB) you can press F11 to go full screen while playing on the browser version.
    roblikescake likes this.
  4. You don't have to delete the old file and make a backup.
    I could just login in the browser without doing anything <.<
  5. Not everyone can. I had to delete the .minecraft folder.
  6. wait what do people on mac's do?
  7. Give me a min and I'll get you the info :)
  8. From Yahoo! Answers:
    Double click on your mac's hard drive icon either on the desktop or in the sidebar of a Finder window.
    Look for a folder called Applications - this contains your application data
    (This makes no sense to me, I don't have a mac. It's also quite old so might not work - tell me if it does)
    From there you need to move the folder called .minecraft or minecraft (not sure what it's called on a mac) to somewhere safe.
  9. thx I'm going crazy not being able to play.
  10. i can't do it because the finder is different from a macbook air to a desktop computer
  11. OK, do you have a macbook air or a desktop?
  12. Sadly, i'm running windows 7 on my imac so i wouldn't know lol
  13. People that have mods HAVE to delete the minecraft folder. I should have put that in there.
  14. Mac people: Your .minecraft folder is:
    ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
    You need do go to ~/Library/Application Support and delete the minecraft folder.

If you don't see the Library folder, type this into terminal: chflags nohidden ~/Library/
    SignifiedSix likes this.
  15. i h
    ave a macbook air so those options are not possible
  16. According to every source I've seen, the .minecraft folder on every mac is Home->Library->Application Support->Minecraft.If you don't see the library folder, type this into terminal: chflags nohidden ~/Library/
  17. Oh, ok...
  18. typed that into terminal yet nothing?
  19. Hmm... I'm really not sure then, sorry. I'm sure if you do a bit of Googleing it'll be there somewhere so if you do find anything, please post it here. :) 1 last thing: are you running a modded version of Minecraft?
  20. i deleted my .minecraft folder and i still cant play on the website