The Super-Duper Awesome EMC Halloween Event!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KrugDudeski, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Hey everyone!

I hope that everyone is enjoying the 2016 Halloween Event so far.
    I want to say thanks to the staff for working so hard on it, and to my fellow players for participating! It's only one day in, and already a huge success. It is so great to see everyone leaving their normal EMC lives and gathering at the Halloween Town to share candy and have fun! In fact, today marks the first day I have ever seen an EMC server full!

If you want to share screenshots, stories, or anything else about your experience with the EMC Halloween event, go ahead in the comments below! That's what I created this thread for, after all.

Right now (4:45 PM EST), I have a score of 170. This is what SMP1 looks like right now: (server currently is FULL - 45/45 players!)

Once again, please feel free to comment about the event below! I hope you enjoy EMC's 2016 Halloween Celebration!

-KrugDudeski
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. I'll be the first comment then. The event was different. I think there might be less of the 2016 heads out there then the 2015 do to the work involve in getting out there. It was a bit time consuming but worth the effort for a little different fun. Seeing players I don't normally see and how smp1 became the party destination for the event is beyond me.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. I think this is because when the server restarted to start the event, many people logged back on to smp1 at first and from then on seemed to be the spot to go.
  4. I enjoyed the htown a lot, I think the new design was pretty cool and I liked the interactive adventure in the mansion. It was very refreshing to see something completely new happening in the event area I think!

However I didn't actively participate myself. Basically because I never celebrated Halloween so in the end I don't associate the game with anything other than throwing stuff around ;) May sound silly but for me that changes the whole thing a little bit. The other problem for me is that I often experienced some nasty lag in htown, which can sometimes be a little annoying.

But in the overall I really liked the new approach: turning the whole promo thing around! Because let's be honest: plenty of players started "complaining" (nothing too serious!) that a lot of promo's became repetitive. "Meh, the same thing every year, now with a different color, oh joy...". Well, this most certainly managed to raise demands I think ;) You want a promo? Now you'll have to earn it! :)

So yeah, I may have ignored the whole thing a bit myself, but I still think it was very nicely done. Definitely a change from "/promo; k, thx, what's next?". :D