The Strange Marlix

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by BearJedi, Aug 16, 2016.

1. NOT A TRUE STORY (obviously)

Today seemed like a normal day on EMC for me. I would restock my shop, go on the forums and bid on auctions, or ride boats on ice. You know, normal stuff on the server.

But after a while, that stuff gets really boring, especially since it's your daily routine. I decided I would do something a little bit different this time.

I would fight some mini-bosses.

Even though I was scared of losing my items to mini-bosses, I decided to give it a try. I brought the necessities I needed. Bed? Check. God armor and weapons? Check. Enchanted Golden Apples? Check.

I then ventured out into the Wastelands. I traveled far and wide, as I didn't want to be close to another player, who could possibly steal the mob drops or my stuff.

I eventually came across a mostly unexplored Jungle biome. It seemed like another Jungle biome, but I had a strange feeling that something was different here. I just didn't know what it was, and I didn't really care either.

Then, I suddenly spotted a Marlix in the distance. Or at least it seemed like a Marlix. Its armor color was different, being a metallic gold color rather than the dark purple. Maybe it was just a bug, or a new update. I climbed up a nearby jungle tree so I could get a better view on the Marlix.

I waited for the Marlix to approach me. Once he was in my range, I pulled out my enchanted bow and started firing away, hoping to get a few shots on the Marlix. And I did, but soon after, I was running for my life.

The Marlix had returned fire, and shot twelve arrows at once at me. I dodged most of them, but at least two or so managed to hit me. Luckily, my armor protected me so I didn't feel much pain. But this Marlix seemed more dangerous, so I jumped off the tree I was standing on, and right before I hit the ground, I grabbed the vines on the tree to catch myself. I didn't have much time to rest, though. The Marlix was approaching with his new minions.

These minions looked like Strays from the 1.10 update, but instead seemed to be clothed in black rather than turquoise.

I was scared to death at this point. I ran and ran, and managed to find an old dirt house someone built. I hid in there and then PM'ed my friend, who was an expert mini-boss fighter. He would know what to do.

"hey dude, are you there?"

"yeah, i'm here" came the reply.

"I'm in the wastelands, fighting a Marlix. But this Marlix isn't a regular one."

"what do you mean?"

"well it has gold armor rather than purple-ish armor, and and..."

"and?"

"It summons these skeletons who are in black clothing. i don't know what this is"

"me neither, but i'll help you fight that marlix i guess. tell me your coordinates"

And I did. He came over to where I was pretty quickly. I showed him where the Marlix was, but strangely... it was a regular one.

"I thought you said he was in gold armor!" my friend said.

"H-he was! I swear!" I replied, confused.

I didn't get how he was normal again. I was too confused to fight anymore, so I let my friend fight the Marlix and take the drops.

After that happened, I decided to just stick with my daily routine, though sometimes I still travel to that Jungle biome to find that strange Marlix, only to find nothing.

I don't know what happened to him, but it was unforgettable. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a very rare Mewtwo nearby that I need to catch on Pokemon GO.
    Kephras and TheBlueDragon007 like this.
  2. Ooh, golden marlix armor