The Revolution for Low FPS Computers - Optifine (Surprised that not many know this...)

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by scratchminus, Jun 1, 2012.

1. I'm surprised at how many people, especially those with low-end computers and bad fps, do not know about this mod for minecraft. In case you don't know what optifine is, it's a modification that basically boosts your games performance greatly and allows you to customize many details of your Minecraft for optimal performance. If you hover over options in the Video Settings menu, it'll give you a brief description of what the option does and how it may affect certain computers.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...b2-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/

I highly recommend checking this out and getting the type/model that best suits your computer, then customizing the options/settings to your needs. Even high end computers can benefit from the options and performance upgrades this mod brings. Hope this helps at least one person out there! ;)
  2. Eh. My super computer runs 160 fps without it. When I did use it, I got 220 :p
    marknaaijer and scratchminus like this.
  3. Mine runs decent without it, but with it I run from 30-70 fps on max settings. I wish I had a super computer like some people. XD
  4. I just bought an awesome pc!