The Precious Stone Server-Side Mod

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kilmannan, Feb 26, 2012.

?

Do you think this Mod or something similar should be -considered- for EMC?

Yes 3 vote(s) 75.0%
No 1 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. Please read the Poll question carefully. It says 'considered', not 'implemented'.

Has anyone else ever had experience playing with the Precious Stone (or PStone) mod?

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/preciousstones/

Naturally, many of the PStones don't apply to EMC as it's a non-PvP Server, but there are obvious candidates that could be made to work (Hopefully!) within EMC and make Wild survival that little bit more plausible and hassle free in terms of griefing protection.

The Stones, to buy, would naturally cost a lot of Rupees. I think the last server I played on which probably had maybe 20r on the price of everything EMC sells in its Player shops (as a rough guess), a City Protection block (Which was available in I think four sizes) would start off at 50,000r for one block which could protect a small area.

Ignoring the question of how much it'd cost the Player to buy, who'd like to see this sort of feature implemented (If possible) as a solution to griefing and the difficulties currently associated with building in the Wild?
  2. I think something like this would be good except it doesn't support chest protection? Also, I think that the area of them could get a little weird since when have you seen a perfectly square town. are a 30x30 one for that matter? I think it would be great to have a protection block mod like this, but with a few difference's
  3. It means it doesn't support natural chest protection. So that a chest inside the Pstone area isn't automatically protected. It doesn't take into account separate mods used for that job.