The Next Generation.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by mattman8910, Jan 31, 2012.

?

Is the Next Generation a New Problem?

Yes! The Next Generation needs to learn to have more discipline and respect, as well as IQ. 3 vote(s) 60.0%
No! The Next Generation is fine where it is. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I'm the Next Generation and I find this offending. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Unaligned. 2 vote(s) 40.0%
  1. As you all know, we are getting older and kids are getting somehow younger. Most kids have video gaming experiences before year 5. I remember when all the first gamers were about 20. I recall my first experience with games when I was 9. Now, they're inventing games for infants and year olds. Personally, I think that we need to add a little more enforcement to gaming privileges. I mean, how many times do we see games meant for 18+ played by second graders? I think this needs to stop, one because they are exposed to more mature content earlier on and become bad influences later on. And two, they are spending way too much time on the games instead of improving their grammar and vocabulary. When I see a child's text message, I can't understand half of it, considering it's all fake words and abbreviations. Post your thoughts or opinions below, or also take part in the poll above. Thank you for reading and have fun debating.
  2. I might be considered in this "next generation" as I am 17. But I do agree with limiting games for younger kids and restricting certain material. While it may have sucked being one of the few kids not able to play M games, I think it made me a better person. As for the texting, you get used to it, but I do prefer to type it out fully myself.

I think the generations are getting smarter but in ways that are not apparent to the older ones. Skills needed twenty years ago could be totally irrelevant now. The next generation needs to learn skills that arnt necessary yet. This means they need to be able to learn quickly and adapt. Our society is changing rapidly, but I think they can handle it
  3. I see your point, but my perspective of the "Next Generation" goes in increments of a decade. That being said, im specifically talking about, as of now, kids 10 and younger. I just feel that the way they portray themselves online is almost completely different then how they may normally act. I have a friend whose 9 year old son plays games like GTA and CoD for a good 4 hours a day. I think that they should focus less on the cussing, and more on the learning. As you said, things 20 years ago may be irrelevant now, but think of history. Nikola Tesla was talked about a hundred years ago, but is still completely relevant to today. I just think that they don't respect enough things in life and that they need to stop worrying about their phones and more about the necessary life lessons.