The Musical Instrument Love Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Otus_NigRum, Aug 2, 2018.

1. I'm not sure anyone has done this before, but i'll give it a go. Basically, this thread is all about instruments, all instruments welcome! Except for electronic music.... It's not an instrument. I'm also going to be surprised if anyone replies, because I don't think many people on EMC have this passion.

I'll give it a go, but here's my Epiphone Special ii Les Paul.

It's a simple cheap guitar, and so it was my first, since then I haven't gotten another guitar because I only started 7 months ago, and money is a struggle. Although, this guitar delivers what it needs to, heavy and proud, just an a plus beginner guitar in my opinion, nothing you're gonna want to keep as a main guitar forever, but, for a newer player this guitar is great.

It has a poplar wood body with a mahogany neck, with a rosewood fretboard. Just two Epiphone 650R and 700T humbuckers. The neck on this guitar feels great, and it's just a simple 1960s SlimTaper D Profile. This guitar is pretty heavy though, and it's kind of exhausting playing while standing up for large amounts of time, but it's just a steady guitar, does it's job and does it to it's expectations.

My only problem with it would be the weight of the guitar, the finish and well, that it's a cheap model. It sounds well for what it's made to do, but I feel like the sound of this guitar lacks character, and sounds cheaper than most, although it's way better than a 99$ guitar by a long shot. Other than that, it's good for the time being.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  2. MoreMoople likes this.
  3. That's a really nice guitar, does it play better standing up or down?
  4. I don't think it matters?
  5. ...Does the design make it easier to stand up or sit down with it?
  6. Both then. But standing preferribly is easier.
  7. How long have you been playing?
  8. Ooo, great thread idea!

This is my Calabash flute!

I bought it in Guangzhou, China during 7th grade. I sadly lost my residence on EMC during that trip because my newly adopted brother (reason why I was in China) would throw fits over electronics. Buuuut, I got to see a lot of neat stuff during that time :)

I would like to learn how to play it sometime... Maybe next summer I'll sit down and figure it out!

This is my Armstrong flute :)

I started playing this when I was in 6th grade, and I absolutely loved it! I played it for 3 years, until I had to make the choice between band and dance because there wasn't enough time for both. It previously belonged to my mother, because she was a flutist in school. I've only played it a few times in the last few months, but I would love to get back in to playing it sometime. :)

Not pictured: I also have a Williamsburg handcrafted wood fife... I'm not sure how old it is or exactly where it came from, but I do like it quite a bit :)
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  9. A year combined with the guitar lessons I took when I was younger and now.
  10. My personal favorite would have to be the ukulele! 1) it’s small enough for my hands. 2) Twenty one pilots. 3) it’s really easy to learn.
    Otus_NigRum and MoreMoople like this.