The Incredible Machine: Last Contest Notes/Voting Info

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JabrZer0, Mar 14, 2012.

1. The Incredible Machine

The contest ends at the end of the day today, March 14th. Please finalize your entries. I have posted a link to the google doc with a complete list of entries, and will repost a link at the end of this post.

Next, two VERY important things:
    PLEASE CHECK TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR ENTRY IS ON THE LIST AND CORRECT. ANY LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PM me with any changes.

IF YOU CAN MAKE A YOUTUBE VIDEO OF YOUR MACHINE, PLEASE DO, AND PLEASE MAKE IT SHORT (1-2 mins is an ideal length). I have 50+ entries to film, so, a) it will make it easier for me, and b) your machine may not get a long time in the spotlight unless you make the video yourself. At the moment, I'm leaning towards about 10-20 seconds of video per entry.

Best of luck to everyone! I'm glad people have enjoyed this contest, and please bear with me while I make the video. It may take a few days to get in touch with everyone.

VOTING (a few days off, but it never hurts to be ready):

Voting will begin once I've made or linked to videos of all of the entries. I will post a link to a SurveyMonkey survey. Please vote for your top three (3) choices in each category. Again, please vote for your TOP THREE choices in each category.

Voting for more than three entries in a category will make me angry. And sad. And probably anger Notch somewhat. Or Jeb, I suppose, because Notch is no longer in charge of Minecraft. Ok maybe I made that up, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, only vote for THREE in each category.

Again, voting is a few days off. I'll let everyone know when it opens.

Oh, and here's the link to the entry list. Please PM me if there's anything wrong: Google Doc

-JabrZer0
  2. I would like to state that I don't have a good enough computer to be able to run both Minecraft and record at the same time, otherwise I would make the video myself. :( My contraption is public now, however. Just be warned there may be a glitch with the clock that runs it, and I may need to reset it if there is. Contact me if/when you want to record, and we can skype.