The Exchange - New Iron Exchange

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by TheCritic, Jun 8, 2020.

1. TL;DR; The Iron Exchange is OPEN now! /utopia /v +fe

What is an Exchange?
    An exchange is a marketplace where the true price for an item can be found. How do we do this? We provide price points that are well above and below the feasible market. Players are allowed to buy and sell into the market, so the price is set based on what other players are willing to sell the item for. With 20 price points for an item, and over 2 DC of stock in most price points, a fair market can be established.

What does it cost to set up an Exchange?
    The hopper, remote shop signs, and chests are the cheapest elements of an Exchange. To have price points well above and below Market value, an Exchange must acquire huge quantities of items. The market price for most Exchanges are over two million rupees. The most expensive took over six million rupees to start.

Who makes the profit from the Exchange?
    I do. Each price point offers 1 rupee per item of profit. So, if you buy an Iron Block at 4r, I paid some other player 3r for the block. I buy, store, and sell these items with only 1r price difference. How long will it take to earn back the millions of rupees put into the Exchanges? Who knows?

How can I visit the Exchanges?
    /utopia /v +exchange will take you to the Exchange Hub.

From there you can find the Emerald Exchange /utopia /v +ee

Or the Experience Exchange /utopia /v +xp
    Next is the Book Exchange /utopia /v +be

And now, Newly Opened: The Iron Exchange /utopia /v +fe

All of the exchange have the same purpose, create a fair market price for items. And you can reach them all from /utopia /v +exchange
  2. Love this place!
    TheCritic likes this.