Texture Pack Showdown #1

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BobTheTomato9798, Aug 12, 2012.

?

Which Texture Pack Do You Like?

Poll closed Aug 19, 2012.
Isabella II 4 vote(s) 50.0%
Mini DokuCraft 4 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. I always have people asking me "Bob what texture pack do you use?" So I thought hey why not share my knowledge of texture packs with the EMC people! So my plan is to every week have a show down of 2 texture packs that I personally use from time to time.

Let's get started this week wee have:

Isabella II (16x) Vs. Mini DokuCraft (16x)

Mini DokuCraft (16x)

Description:
    This texture pack is a low resolution remake of the the highly popular and stunning "DokuCraft", by Doku. I made it for everyone who loves Doku's work, but cannot run HD textures due to a slow computer causing lag, etc.
    Some of the textures have simply been re-sized and look fine on their own, others have had some 'touching up' and some have been completely redesigned. I have put a lot of work into this pack to try and get it as close as possible to the original 32x texture pack, without it looking horribly wrong.

If you have any suggestions of what I could improve on, you can either leave a comment below, stating what you would like changed, or you can make and submit a texture to me, and if I like it enough, I will credit you and enter it as an alternate texture, or even make it the default if it is good enough.

This pack is still a WIP and so many things could still change!

Screenshot:
    Minidokucraft.png

Download:
    1) Download the pack here.
    2) If you want the custom water and lava, you should patch your game using either the HD patcher or Optifine, which can also give you a FPS boost.
    3) Place the zip file in your texture packs folder.
    4) Select it from the in-game menu and play!

Mini DokuCraft Forum Page:

Isabella II (16x)

Description:

Isabella II is a reworked version of Isabella (now called Isabella Classic.) It offers the same melancholic feel but with brighter visuals, improving the experience on a wider range of monitors.

Isabella Classic Description:
    Isabella is a highly detailed 16×16 texture pack with a dark and gloomy feel. The pack adds a clean look to the Minecraft interface and also offers support for a number of mods.

Screenshot:
    Isabella.jpg

Download:
    Latest Download: 1.3v2 August 3rd, 2012
    Planet Minecraft Mirror (coming soon)

Isabella was designed to make use of custom animated water and lava, Connected Texture Mod (CTM), RandoMob, and Custom Colors. I also recommend enabling Better Grass and playing with a view distance of Normal or lower. To get these features, you must install:
    Isabella II forum thread:

Next week I will do a 32x texture pack!
    If you have any questions feel free to ask!
  2. I don't see emerald blocks in those pictures.
  3. To my knowledge they are all updated to 1.3.1
  4. Isabella makes Lapis and Diamonds look too close together :/
  5. I mine both of them, so I don't mind.

I like both of them!