Testing camera mod!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FlevasGR, May 11, 2012.

1. Download the mod:
    Camera Studiofor Minecraft 1.2.5
    Ever wanted to have a smooth camera movement all-together with your accelerated video ?
    Then this mod is made for you !
    New version available ! (details here)
    If you like this mod, make this thread alive !

This mod is addressed to anyone who wants to make a video in-game and have an in depth control over the camera displacement.

It allows you to create a path that the player will automatically follow, control what the player sees along this path, and set up the player's precise speed through a global timing for his traveling.

You'll also have an accurate control over night and day cycles, as you'll be able to set how long precisely you want each cycle to last, independently of each other (say 30 minutes for day, and 10 minutes for night). Note that this won't influence game mechanics, such as mob-spawning, or crops growing : it's only for the show !

So, is this mod for you ?
    • if you want to film a timelapse, undoubtedly it is !

In such videos, there is nothing more boring than a static point of view, and nothing more awful than very fast moves, which turn out to be instantaneous and very aggressive when you speed up your video a hundred time. With this mod, you will be able to change the field of view at a very slow speed, providing a smooth cool movement to your camera, and so bring a more "alive" experience to your video.
    • if you simply want to make a showcase of your world / builds / whatever, controlling precisely your camera will get rid your video of unpleasant moves, and add pretty much quality to it.
    • if you simply want to make a video but don't have enough FPS to do it nicely, whether because your computer isn't fast enough, or because you want to use those incredible (but gpu intensive) mods that are the Water Shader mod, or Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders mod,

You can use a common technique which is to post-process your video with an external software in order to accelerate its overall speed. By doing so, you'll catch up those missing frames and have a fluent render, and thanks to Camera Studio you'll be able to lower the camera motion's speed so that it looks more realistic at the end.
  2. Didw you make the pyramide yourself?
  3. No, JusinGuy made it at the smp1 :)
    marknaaijer likes this.
  4. NurseKilljoy likes this.
  5. i tested it myself. You should always check the approved mod section before using any on EMC.
    FlevasGR and hayleycolgan like this.
  6. A car can be used to run somebody over, but that doesn't mean it will be used for that purpose. Flying is already illegal, but if you use this mod within the legal framework of EMC, I don't really understand why it wouldn't be allowed.
  7. The problem is that they can't be watching you all the time to see if you really are staying within the legal framework.
  8. flying is not always used for the wrong thing either, but we still do not allow it. Your own logic makes my point.
    SecretAznEks likes this.