/tell issues... Possible bug? More of a noob then I thought???

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Taarna, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Someone on the game was telling me that once I do the /tell thing once something is suppose to happen that lets me continue talking privately with that person without have to type /tell playername before every sentence. This seems true since many people talk to me this way too fast for them to be typing all that everytime but I don't get this little bonus. (And at least 2 other people I know of don't get it either)
    Is this a bug or do I just have something set up wrong?

Please help as I am not a fast enough typist to keep up with all this. Especially with some of the Usernames out there. You know who you are....
  2. Use /ch tell [name] for that
    /tell only do it once
  3. Nope.

Do:

/tell (NAME)
    Press Enter.

And it will say something like "You started a conversation with (NAME)"

And you can keep talking to them.
  4. if you type /tell playername and dont type a message behind it, you will start a conversation with that person. Any message you type will be sent to him as a PM
    Taarna and GameKribJEREMY like this.
  5. Ah. Thank you, Thank you guys. You've just made my little minecraft life soooo much easier! Thanks again.
    JustinGuy and ISMOOCH like this.
  6. also, another tip someone told me of, you dont have to type their name fully

so /tell nnn
    will fill in the rest to nnnnmc1

I wish that auto complete feature would work on /p!
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  7. And when you want to end the conversation I think you can just type /ch t and it will take you back to the town chat. That's how I do it at least :)