Suggestions for the member stores

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by autonamus, Aug 20, 2011.

1. You can try using both these plugins for a member store, together with the iCurrency plugin already on. makes a nice little user store.

The plugins are:
    Showcase
    Permissions3 (now inactive and an alternative is perhaps PermissionsBukkit )

This is how my friend does it so I am able to ask them questions of you want to know more.
  2. Permissions3 is no longer active as with CB#1000 they added permission support to the core. The new plugin that the community is gathering around is PermissionsEx. We are currently in the process of migrating from Permissions3 to PermissionsEx as we prepare to update to CB#1060. During this we will also be migrating from flat file to MySQL support so we can tie the server groups in with the site and provide more perks.

The current store in the Town spawn is powered by Showcase, but unfortunately we will have to git rid of it as it has several flaws in eating CPU / RAM on high traffic servers (among other dependency problems). The most popular and simplest shop plugin is ChestShop where you put items in a chest you want to sell and put a sign on it (with price / etc). Jeremy and I are currently testing it with our custom residence plugin to see if it will be the best solution.

konglooey84 likes this.
  3. That one you're testing sounds a lot like the one I was asking my friend about, it's the one he used to use and I believe it is the best way for a shop to work, actually needing the items to be able to see them.

When I asked him about it, he said the one he used was inactive so can you link me to the one you use so I can link it to him?