[SUGGESTION] Word Ignore feature

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ICantHitAnything, Feb 23, 2017.

?

Would you like there to be more language restrictions?

Um... No. I love to be cuss! 2 vote(s) 28.6%
IDK, IDC 4 vote(s) 57.1%
Yes! 1 vote(s) 14.3%
Totally! I'd love that! :D 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hello! I have a suggestion. Da da dun! :p

A Word ignore feature would be nice. Here's an example "/word ignore pizza" and whenever someone says "pizza" that word would be *ed out. Or the entire chat message. Because I've come across players who are very knowledgeable, but cuss or support something I don't agree with O: .So if they use language, I could just ignore that sentence and not completely ignore every thing they say. And new players should have the basic language issues already ignored, so they won't get blown up with a language-bomb the second they join. Thanks for your time! If you have any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks! :D

-bartonkids
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Not a bad idea but most of the "bad" words are already censored out. If someone has a problem with pizza.. well I'm sure there is much else that can be done to save them ;)
    bartonkids_deco1 likes this.
  3. Please give me a valid example of when this would be even remotely necessary for our small dev team to use time for. Until this happens it's a -1.
  4. Pizza!
  5. Only if it blocks any use of 'OP'.:cool:
  6. /chat ignoreword OP

*1st thing i do
  7. Sorry I didn't catch that? ;)
  8. I can't see this be usefull and can even just cause more confusion when players are talking.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I'm sure this was suggested and denied in the past.

Download macro mod, use it's chat filter. Problem solved.