[suggestion] update new player residence signs, asap

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by KatydidBuild, Sep 21, 2024.

?

would this help immediately, in your opinion

Yes 7 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Unsure 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. [suggestion] update new player residence signs, asap

More than once, new players have shown up and ask ''oh a plot world'' or ''great this is creative''.
    Since the new tutorial is still in process, how about just a simple update of the signs on the res when the new players spawn into town.

This is /HOME.
    Resource world is updated regularly and survival go to /waste
    Permanent Survival Building World is called /Frontier Wild
    /Town is safe and for player shops or storage, but not creative

I'm sure I am missing something else.
  2. Yes!

So many new players don't see past the "plot world" and properly experience all the wonderful features EMC has to offer and it’s a real shame nothing has been done about this sooner. It's imperative that there are immediate updates made to the existing welcoming system - you're not the only one campaigning for change on this Katy :).

Currently, most new players do complete the tutorial and stay online for average 10 minutes before disconnecting. This suggests that once the tutorial is complete, new players lack the direction and knowledge of what to do next. They get bored and disconnect.

What are the solutions?
    Residence welcome signs could be simplified - nobody wants to read a bunch of signs full of text. Add some color and formatting to make them visually attractive and easy to follow.

Adding holographic displays (like in the tutorial) would perhaps be an alternative to signs. They could disappear after a few minutes of the player being nearby.

Or, perhaps a GUI opens upon tutorial completion with different worlds and a small description below explaining their usage and functions. This would empower new players with agency to pick whether they want to play survival or be in town, etc.

I understand town is unequivocally crucial to EMC but town for new players is pointless if they have nothing to do there. For new players, an empty dirt res limits creativity by setting boundaries and ultimately boredom kicks in.

I'd love to hear suggestions from others.