[Suggestion] Staff Notices When...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Jay2a, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, this isn't one of the normal suggestions for something like a new promo or feature, this is more about how the EMC staff do their jobs. Everybody has had one of those times where one of their posts get deleted/censored/otherwise when, some of the time, there's nothing inherently wrong with the post. My suggestion is just that the staff leave a little note/comment as to why it happened. Of course, this wouldn't apply to every case, and it doesn't even have to be user specific. It can even be something like "Cleaned up the thread as requested."
    Now, the previous statement has been said before, but not in every case. Sometimes, posts get deleted or edited with no extra context or reasoning. It can feel degrading, and all out just feel rude. This is mostly just for the closure/satisfaction of the general community.
    Thanks for reading!
  2. Nice idea!
  3. I've never had this happen to me, so I'm a little confused. Under what circumstances would staff delete or edit one of your posts?
  4. If it breaks a rule (is offensive, rude, spammy, etc) or the thread creator requests it to be deleted with a valid reason, a post could be deleted.
    DeathPunchKitty likes this.
  5. We already do something similar in some cases. Besides deleting the post, we message the person who made the comment, to let them know why their comment was deleted. In other cases, such as a big chain of posts that need to be deleted, we leave a message on the thread stating it was cleaned up for x reason.
    DeathPunchKitty likes this.
  6. Also if a post is considered off-topic or is viewed as contributing little value to the thread. Or if the post is reported as having a disagreeable viewpoint.

edit: Sorry, should have also said, +1 for making this mandatory for staff
  7. Closing thread. Staff already do this or handle it in private, depending on the scenario. Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.