[SUGGESTION] Silk touch on voters...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Sharpie42, Aug 5, 2018.

?

Which do you like more?

Poll closed Aug 22, 2018.
Silk touch 5 vote(s) 100.0%
Fortune 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. So I have all the voters tools. I love all of them. The only problem I have with them, well other then they don’t have efficiency 5, is none of them have silk touch. So you get two sets of tools, diamond and iron. I think that the iron should have silk touch on it. Or maybe it could be a choice, you could pick one. Like when you get promos, sometimes you get to choose which one you want. There could be like this:

Diamond pick-eff V or diamond pick-eff I or II, Silk touch or Diamond pick-eff I or II, Fortune III

And you get to pick one. That is my thought on that.
  2. Heh trust me I’m a +1000 on this but just so you know, this has been suggested already I think like “20” times :p
    Cissonius likes this.
  3. voters gear isnt designed to be the best enchantments, its designed to be a cool incentive without breaking the game. having a silk pick would be game breaking cause you could just mine forever for ores and never need another one
  4. You can do that now with the voters pick. Shoot the Diamond pick has fortune III on it. I don’t think that silk touch has anything over fortune III. Also none of the voters stuff breaks, ever, so you can mine for ores for forever.
  5. I haven’t really been on the forums that much until more recently.
  6. if you are strip mining using fortune three, you havent figured out the optimal way to strip mine, ores with silk are much more valuable than their components, and they stack better. the reason this has been suggested so many times like scuf said is its been turned down that many times, for the reason i stated above.
  7. What ores are "much more" valuable than their components? Plus, I really think by putting diamonds or coal, etc... in blocks is a great way to stack and it saves you space in your inventory.
  8. so you are saying that carrying a workbench and stopping and placing it to convert the diamonds you get into blocks, then picking it back up and continuing to do that is more efficient than literally keeping it as an ore until you can bring it back to town and use a promo pick on it? nope mathematically that makes no sense. an ore is more valuable because it takes up less slots (including a free one for not having a work bench) and requires no extra work to hold onto in its form. intrinsically an ore is worth the maximum number of materials you can get from it.
  9. Better check your math again buddy.