[SUGGESTION] Promo Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Aliyaxoxo, Oct 2, 2017.

?

?

Yes 6 vote(s) 75.0%
No 2 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. So with the increasing numbers of players and a constant stream of new players, it's obvious we are getting more promos than previously, overall reducing the relevancy of them as time goes on. So my idea is that we do something that forces players to achieve a certain goal, whether it's something as basic as opening X amount of holiday chests in the wild or as intricate as implementing the promo as ONLY available from "PvE" events such as the trick or treat one we had last year or the Christmas present hunt. I typed this on my phone so when I get home I'll do a once-over to make sure everything is all good, but I'm hopeful this is enough to convey the point.
    NuclearBobomb and FadedMartian like this.
  2. I definetly +1 the idea, as I think anything to make it so more unique situations or accomplishments create new/rarer promos is great. ...and creates an element of fun and requires more than just typing in /promo to get it. Though, any of them should be fairly easy to do, even if time consuming, so that any age/skill level can accomplish it.

Though not sure I agree on the more promo thing as from how I hear it the server is dead compared to years past, new players many times do not last long and many of those new players either do not claim or leave and promos are lost forever in to the "past player nether" zone never to be seen again. I think this was especially noticeable this summer though with the July 4th and birthday cakes, but I do think many are just gone now.

Having started close to February this year and missing a couple unique promos I have managed to get a few, but nothing of extreme value nor numbers. This excludes purchased items or from my couple month old alt who has gotten a couple, but I think I can say I have only gotten (from /promo) the valentines box+arrows, chocolate bunny, a lucky rabbits foot, one Independence Day firework plus the note with it, the birthday cake and labor day bench. I believe 7 is right, at most there may be one other I missed I did get and I'm pretty sure I missed a couple I could have gotten.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. That's a very good point.

If anything I think the problem isn't that new plays leave or don't claim it, it's that those who leave DO claim it and sell it immediately, either to myself or others who like to stock up on promos as they are released for low prices. It results in a much higher supply than there is demand for most of the promos released (excluding the truly useful ones), forcing the value to remain stagnant. However about your point regarding the fireworks, fireworks never have caused much of a bang for the community (sorry I had to), from what I remember (I wasn't around for the first 2012 firework, but
    I've been playing for all the other ones). I guess the fact that it's the exact same thing but with different colors for years on end kinda reduces any excitement you'd normally get, but when the IDay steak and armor/sword for release there was so much hype around it, I absolutely loved it and I feel like that's what's really started to leave the promo industry so dry as we see an oversupply of repeat promos.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  4. Then I only see one course of action needed. Those that are hoarding a certain promo must start using them. This will force the prices to go up. A sacrifice for a profit.
    The_Boulder and Baradar67 like this.
  5. No.
    EmpireMall and RainbowPony like this.
  6. Very no. The point here is not to change the current promos, instead to increase the demand and decrease the supply for the future ones, making the hoarding an OPTION, just a bit harder. And no, this is not an attack on the top collectors because I myself tend to do the same thing when a new promo releases.
    MajorHaze likes this.
  7. Yes and no at the same time. I don't think every promo should change in this way, but I do think something of a similar caliber should be implemented. +.5?
    EmpireMall likes this.
  8. +0
    I believe that it doesn't matter how many promos are out there on the market. Many of the promos were made to actually be used and not hoarded until they can be sold for profit, though I know there are a bunch out there that don't really have a use. I just think that it doesn't matter how many players are able to get a hold of these promos
  9. So what's my altwrnative option for a pi pie? Or the Declaration of Independence? I'll agree with you for the tools and weapons to some extent, but there are just too many useless promos (which you did mention)for that to be universal, and personally I don't see any other option for em.